Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
Elsie

It's just a coincidence

On Friday 6th November:

My eldest son traveled to Paris via Eurostar, had a few hours in the city then caught the TGV to Strasbourg to meet a friend to spend the weekend there.

On the same night, my daughter and her boyfriend went to Birmingham to see his favorite band, The Eagles of Death Metal.

On Friday 13th November:

The same TGV my son was on the week before crashed, killing 10 people.

The Eagles of Death Metal were on stage at the Bataclan when the terrorists attacked and killed / injured so many young people.

My Mrs has been freaking out about all of this, racked with "What If's?"

What if Dan had been a week later and been caught up in the chaos?

What if he had been on that train?

What if the attack on the concert had happened in Birmingham?

It's just a horrible coincidence; if these things are going to happen, they're going to happen. No point in getting wound up about it and I wouldn't tell my kids to change their plans. As soon as you start doing that, the b*ggers have won.

• Like 1

We could point out the what ifs for any terror attack near our state of affairs.

It's best not get wound up on these "what ifs" and just get on with life as best as possible. What happened in Paris was tragic but this happens in every part of the world. Are we going to stop holidaying? No.

According to the Government, MI5 & MI6 have stopped 7 attacks this year (1 of which was in the last month)....... let that sink in for a moment, had only one of them got through....

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter