Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
Elsie

Port Forwarding for 2 Servers

I have two HP Microservers running:

• Windows Home Server 2011 - I use this for storing media, photos etc (IP xxx.yyy.0.08)
  • SBS 2012 Essentials - I use this for client backups, VM's etc (IP xxx.yyy.0.9)

They are both setup on the network with static IP's, reserved from the router.

The servers have a way of being accessed when away from home using Microsoft Remote Web Access but to use this, I have had to use Port Forwarding on the router so that posts 80 & 443 are forwarded to the IP of one of the servers. As I built WHS2011 first, the ports are forwarded in the router to xxx.yyy.0.08 and I can access it remotely.

However, I would also like to be able to connect to the 2012 server ... but I cannot use Port Forwarding to xxx.yyy.0.9 as the ports are already defined to xxx.yyy.0.8.

At the moment, I can only set it up so that I can access one server at a time using Remote Web Access, depending on which IP I decide to use Port Forwarding on.

Do any networking gurus know how I may get around this?

You could setup and RDP gateway which then "forwards" your RDP session request the the relevant machine.

you do realise you can specify a port when connecting with rdp, you then use the router to forward this to the correct server with the right port for rdp.

Hope that makes sense. 

eg

connect.com for server one

connect.com:1337 for server two

16 minutes ago, Nivek said:

you do realise you can specify a port when connecting with rdp, you then use the router to forward this to the correct server with the right port for rdp.

Hope that makes sense. 

eg

connect.com for server one

connect.com:1337 for server two

Good point Mr Nivek!, and no we didn't realise otherwise we would have thought about it already :P

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter