Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
Elsie

A 2 Movie Night

Been to the cinema to see 2 films tonight, one line reviews.

London Has Fallen. 

Absolutely f**king sh**te.

Triple 9.

Decent caper, only saved by Casey Affleck. 

Summary?

I wish I had stayed at home and watched the Twitch channel!

• Like 5

You missed Beej being a bear!

• Like 1

A number of LHF issues.

Spoiler

It's just American Jingoistic garbage

• In 1st movie (which I enjoyed as a bit of popcorn, brain off fluff), Mike Bannick (the Gerrard Butler character) is like an uncle to the President's son. In this one, when the Pres talks about his son Butler seems not to know him.
  • The President arrives at St Pauls for the funeral but the Japanese PM is stuck in a traffic jam, the French is in a boat nr Westminster and the Italian is at the top of Westminster Abbey. WTF would they be in these positions AND how the F**K would the terrorists know that's where they were going to be?
  • The movie does a brilliant job of portraying the British as being incompetent and treacherous cowards
  • For what was meant to be a State Funeral (which gathers the world leaders in London), there lack of people on the streets is astounding. There are more live people on the Moon than in some of the shots of London.
  • The car chase is woeful going from St Pauls the wrong way down The Embankment to get to Somerset House (OK, that's pedantic but it annoyed me)
  • Marine One is shot down after 10 mins flying time landing (conveniently in a park) but after short jog they're breaking into a closed Charing Cross tube station
  • Amazingly, the nearest American Rapid Response Unit is 2 hours away in Italy. Really? Even I know American Embassy in London has it's own Marine detachment. Hey, lets not think about using local assets.
  • If there was a State occasion (wedding / funeral), then there would be UK Special Forces on full alert, ready to respond. Shall we contact them for assistance? Er, no.
  • Oh wait, lets wait until The President has been captured by the baddies (no one explains where all the 100's of baddies have come from), suddenly appear on foot as a SAS team. 
  • SAS team? SAS team!? May as well have been Barbie Dolls with toy guns; they were useless!
  • The Butler character goes into the terrorist stronghold as a one man strike team, leaving the SAS outside and (would you believe it?), he saves the day!

ARRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Edited by Dunceantix
Spoiler tags for you :)

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter