Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Nivek

Who you gonna call? (Trailers)

So new Ghostbusters coming out, which trailer do you think is better?

or

Definitely the fancut. Doesn't change the movie though, it just doesn't look very good.

The fancut just removes the bits that fans found 'silly'.  As someone who remembers Ghostbusters with campy affection, the first one was fun in my opinion... but yeah, the second one looks more likely to encourage people to watch it rather than say it's daft.

• Like 2

[OldManTime]

I remember the anticipation about the 1st movie. Of course this was pre internet but we had seen the trailer and The Ray Parker Jnr song was being played to death on the radio.

I went to the Odeon in Leicester and before the film started they played the single. The cinema was packed and everybody sang, everybody. Can you imagine that now? A cinema of people singing along to a theme song before a movie started? It really hyped the experience. It was also the 1st movie I can remember watching as a VHS video pirate tape. Jeez, I feel old.

The movie was and IS a classic. There was no need to remake it. Just as there was no need to remake True Grit or Point Break. I did not, will not watch then. 

Especially not when you have a director and cast that have made a bad movie in the bloody awful Bridesmaids. Fieg use's Wigg & McCarthy in most of his projects and I haven't found any of them enjoyable.

Even though I have an Unlimited ticket and cab watch whatever I want, I refuse to go and see this reincarnation of Ghost busters as it didn't need to be made, it looks crap and the makers have an awful track record.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Elsie said:

There was no need to remake it

Yup. This.  Although I suspect curiosity will get the better of me.  I was more interested BEFORE I saw the trailer

(I did enjoy the True Grit remake though, I'm a big fan of Jeff Bridges)

Edited by M0RT

I grew up watching the John Wayne version so for me, he will always be Rooster Cogburn. As much as I like Bridges, he couldn't fill JW's boots.

• Like 1

Voice actor for Venkman in the TV show was the same voice actor used for the Garfield animated series, Garfield was later voiced by Bill Murray in the movie.

... but 2nd trailer is better with the (alleged) humour removed.

There are SO many films that are just being re-made now. You just get the feeling Hollywood has run out of new ideas so now they are just back over the old classics trying to reinvent them for the modern audience instead of coming up with new innovative and dynamic ideas! :) 

• Like 4

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter