Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

New Qualifying Format WILL Launch

So despite all the stories of it being binned or postponed all together, the new knockout format will kick in for the first race after all

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10200391/fia-confirm-knockout-qualifying-to-be-used-during-2016-f1-season

Could be exciting, will force cars out on track but will be tough to follow and traffic is definitely going to play in to it...

This sounds very complicated and could cause a lot of aggro between teams.

However, because of it I can forsee some of the bigger teams not getting their own way. Gets boring with Mercedes / Ferarri front row lock outs. I'm hoping to see the field broken up and the faster cars / drivers having to earn the lead. For some races, particularly the utterly boring Monaco, the winner has been decided at the end of Q3. Under the new format we might see some more overtaking and drivers earning a win with hard work on Sunday. 

• Like 2

I deffo think this will shake things up! I am looking forward to it! :) 

I can see this leading to dirty tricks during qualifying.  One driver gets a good time while the other tries to hold back the rest of the pack.  We've already seen this type of tactic on track.  We've also seen drivers struggling to get good times because of heavy traffic on track, this will only make it worse by forcing every driver onto the track at the same time and some teams will use that to their advantage by slowing that traffic down.  Prior to this drivers had the option of when to drive so the track wasn't too busy.  They also had the option to wait if the weather was bad and this is probably where my bigger concern is, drivers getting forced to drive in conditions that are completely unacceptable.  Personally, I don't trust the FIA on this count.  It's one thing for the driver to decide if it's safe to drive, it's another for the "sports promoter" to decide that you will.

Interesting, yes.  Beneficial, no.

It also bugs me that the FIA are playing 2 roles which contradict each other that of "sports promoter" and " sports regulator".  In my opinion it's the FIA that needs broken up.

FIA isn't the promoter btw, that's FOM (Bernie). 

Then either they, or I, have an issue as I thought Bernie was/is FIA.  I had to google "FOM" as up to now I hadn't heard of them.  Maybe it's a good thing that I don't know who they are because it means they're doing a better job of promoting the sport instead of themselves.

Dont know if i'm looking forward to it, or nervous for it... we shall see

I liked Jake's comment on twitter, why are they fixing the one part of the F1 weekend that doesn't need fixing!

Still waiting for sprinklers on the track, that'll really shake things up!

On that story page and related - Hamilton needs to stop complaining about the Halo. He may not care about his own safety, that isn't the point.

• Like 3

How about some audience participation, James Bond ejector seats for the drivers and a Texas electric chair for Bernie.  Every 5 minutesthe audience votes are counted and the clear winner gets ejected, if there is no clear winner then Bernie fries.

• Like 2

yes it did.its been put where it belongs:-

\/ IN HERE \/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX/

and it looks as if they are going back to the old format already. Surprise surprise

Didn't take long.. Surely there are many ways they could have trailed this that weren't at an actual race to see if it would really work. 

• Like 1

The thinking was OK, the problem was that the tyres and fuel couldn't deliver, combined with the time needed to get around the track before the flying lap started, which would have been even worse at other circuits like Spa for example. 

However, great race...very lucky Alonso!

so they didnt listen when the team ALL bined it at the end of the last race im glad we are not doing the sweepstake around this farce.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter