M0RT

Star Wars: Rogue One Teaser

I'm excited by this.  Proper Stormtrooper and AT-ATs look great!

Edited by M0RT
  • Like 1

Wonder if Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christiansen will return?

It is set between the end of III and the start of IV ... 

11 hours ago, Elsie said:

Wonder if Jar Jar Binks and Hayden Christiansen will return?

It is set between the end of III and the start of IV ... 

Hopefully not!

but they have got the actress who played Mon Mothma in III back

mon-mothma-3jpg-6523f0_765w.jpg

Call me an old cynical b@stard if you want, but I am disillusioned with the way the Star Wars Universe is going.

Whilst this new one is not going to be a blatant remake like TFA, it's still going back over old ground, it's still re-writing the past. There was a collective scream of ....

Nooo-Meme-Darth-Vader-04.jpg   

... every time Lucas re-wrote the story but now that JJ and Disney are involved, as long as you throw death stars, X-Wings, TIE fighters and da maxi big force at the screen, it doesn't matter; people will pay to watch. 

I feel like the boy in this song .... "The king is in the altogether!". Still, I always was the odd one out :) 

• Like 1

noob question time, 

What is Rogue One exactly? where does it fit in with the main story? I'm confused.....

*goes back to the corner and hugs knees*

• Like 1

It's the story of how the plans to the Death Star were stolen prior to the start of Episode IV.

I'm hoping that many Bothans didn't need to die to bring the rebellion the plans of the first Death Star.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mintopia said:

It's the story of how the plans to the Death Star were stolen prior to the start of Episode IV.

I'm hoping that many Bothans didn't need to die to bring the rebellion the plans of the first Death Star.

But, according to Mon Mothma, they did ...

It looks more my kind of story judging by the trailer and what has been teased so far (that DV will actually be seen as the villain he should be)

Looking pretty good to me

<geek>BTW the many Bothans died getting the intel about the second death star, not this one ;)</geek>

• Like 1

and alternatively the same trailer set to the Beastie Boys 'Sabotage',  as also heard in the recent Star Trek film (if you could make out the sountrack over the sound of grumbling old trekkies ;) )

That music has been used in two of the Star Trek reboot now ... not Star Wars as well.

Nice use of Canary Wharf tube station and Duxford hangers but WTF did Star Destroyers have the ability to hover in an atmosphere? Don't remember that in any of the books.

:grumble:

It's a fan rehash. I'm sure the soundtrack will be the stuff we're all used to. 

Don't remember that in any of the books 

I DO remember a lot of other utter shite in the few books I did read though.  Happy most are no longer canon tbh