Welcome to epic.Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Elsie

Hans Zimmer. LIVE!

As many of you know, I love the movies and a huge part of that is the score that, when synced correctly, can make a scene have such an impact that you remember it forever. I'm talking about composers like ...

John Williams and the flying scene from ET or when Han is to be encased in carbonite.  

James Horner (RIP) with the theme from Titanic or the theme for Spock in Wrath of Khan

Alan Slvestri's work on Contact and Forrest Gump.

Most of all, for me, it's Hans Zimmer. His work on Gladiator, Crimson Tide, Inception, The Dark Knight, Interstellar, Man of Steel and many more, allow me to watch a film in my head just by listening to the music; I don't need the pictures as the what I've already seen is brought back to me as I float with the music. Seeing as I love this guy so much you can probably understand why I was in a massively bad mood last night when I found out that he and an orchestra were playing LIVE in Birmingham last night. 

What. The F**K?!

I was so annoyed that I didn't know. However, all is not lost! He's playing again on Sunday May 29th in Manchester so I've bitten the bullet at £75 for a ticket (gulp) and will be able to watch and listen live. Sunday May 29th  .... oh yeah, that's an epic.LITE day. No fear, I'll be calling in on the way through Stoke to say hello before continuing up to Manchester. Can't wait!

3 people like this

Such a brilliant composer!

I'm hoping to go and see Christopher Tin live in July (composer of Baba Yetu from Civ)

Hans Zimmer is probably in my Top 3 at the moment.

Murray Gold (Doctor Who)

Blake Neely (Arrow, Flash, LoT, The Mentalist)

Hans Zimmer (Gladiator, Inception, Man Of Steel, Batman TDK Trilogy, MI:2)

Jerry Goldsmith (Star Trek)

Joel Goldsmith (Stargate SG1 & Star Trek)

Completely jealous of you! I love soundtracks with a passion, it's my favourite type of music as anyone who's been in my car will confirm!

Hans Zimmer is one of the all-time greats with a huge variety of music, from Pirates of the Caribbean, to The Gladiator, to the theme from Going For Gold.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, Mintopia said:

Completely jealous of you! I love soundtracks with a passion, it's my favourite type of music as anyone who's been in my car will confirm!

Mintopia, this so much! Soundtracks or what i like to call EPIC music is one of my favourite types of music. I could just sit there all day listening to soundtracks. I also listen to other composers like ES Posthumus and Immediate Music. 

I am very jealous @elise i wish i was going :(

8 hours ago, Mintopia said:

Hans Zimmer is one of the all-time greats with a huge variety of music, from Pirates of the Caribbean, to The Gladiator, to the theme from Going For Gold.

+1 can confirm this is all Jess has in her car!

1 person likes this

Source for Hans Zimmer composing Going for Gold theme tune:

2 people like this

5 hours ago, superchief said:

I was going to mention the going for gold....everyone has to start somewhere. Amazing guy

Apparently he's really proud of it and admits that that money has been really useful to him.

On 4/15/2016 at 14:50, Mintopia said:

Apparently he's really proud of it and admits that that money has been really useful to him.

I would be proud of writing a piece of music that makes it into a mainstream TV show as a relatively unknown (at the time although he was in the video killed the radio star video...whether he had input on the track, i don't know)

No Going For Gold (yet) but this is a f**king awesome experience. Listening to this music, no, FEELING this music is pure, emotional joy. 

It was worth the entrance fee alone to hear the original singers from The Lion King. The renditions of Crimson Tide, Angels & Demons, Gladiator.  Oh feck me, Gladiator. The singer blew me away.

This is, for me, a Bucket List item. I hope I live long enough to see Mr Zimmer and this orchestra again as it's a superb show. If you have any, even the remotest interest in cinema soundtracks then I cannot recommend this more highly. 

It's only the intermission and this concert is about to surpass Slayer in '87 as the best concert I've ever been to. 

1 person likes this

Home.

Utterly blown away by this evening's concert. The 2nd half moved into Superhero territory with The Dark Knight trilogy, Man Of Steel, Inception and Interstellar. Tonight was, without question, the best concert/gig I've ever attended. It was worth every penny and a lot more.

1 person likes this

He's touring again this year and I've just nabbed 2 tickets for the show in Liverpool on Sat Jun 17th :)

Can't wait!

2 people like this