Sign in to follow this  
Gumpster

epic.18 - The Mega De-Frag of Fair Isle Mission

Hello Guys & Gals,

Another sell out event, so congratulations to anybody who help contribute to our success and we much appreciate your support.

However with sell out events comes major responsibility to my shoulders with regards to the seating plan and how to keep everyone fairly happy. Last event I managed to make everyone fairly happy, however please understand that this is a tough thing to accomplish, we have larger groups which are odd numbers, and 1v1 type games in Fair Isle with the usual 5 man teams. It becomes a tough nightmare for me to do, and becomes even worse if people don't follow the instructions.

If you are a casual player and wanting atmosphere, I strongly urge you to go into Lakeside, we already have a couple of teams who really don't want to be in Lakeside (because of noise levels) but were forced to sit in there due to the circumstances of lacking 5 seats together in the run up to sell out. Fair Isle is the competitive hall, and is treated as such for that reason, epic.LAN won't force you to move of course, but it would be much appreciated if you were casual and wanted a smaller LAN feeling to sit in Lakeside.

Last event what I did, was group all respective gaming communities and placed them in the appropriate parts of the hall, if you were a Dota team, you were down the Dota row, if you were CS:GO you were in the CS:GO rows, that same logic will continue for this event too as it makes it better for all players and admins involved.

Here is the process that everyone will need to follow in Fair Isle.

Team Games - Teams of 5 (CS:GO/Dota2)

Please make sure you have signed your team to your tournament, this will help me with any teams who need to stick together, and thus means I don't displace anyone in stupid areas. It is vitally important you do this step. If you haven't allocated your tickets for obvious reasons (line-ups incomplete) then please do so as soon as physically possible to help with signing your teams up.

Tournament Website

How To Allocate Your tickets Guide

Single Players - 1v1 Games SC2/HS

I know there are a group of SC2 players who all like to be kept together. If you are part of the SC2 community and want to stick together, I will do all I can to facilitate that. If one or two of those members can contact me either through Skype/Support ticket then that would be much appreciated, just list the names of people who are in your group and that will help me keep you all together.

Large Groups in FI

There are a few groups in Fair Isle who are fairly sizeable, again please make sure that you either grab me through here and/or support ticket with the names in your group and how specifically you want to be sat, that would be much appreciated.

The current schedule (barring any issues in my own life currently) will be as follows:

Draft Seating Plan released to everyone on this forum - 14th/15th May
Final Seating Plan being done - 21st/22nd May

Hope this helps

Gumpster

• Like 3

Hey Gump, 404 are on the back row. I doubt we'll fit anywhere else so if we could be left there that'd be wonderful!

On 5/1/2016 at 16:00, Klaus said:

Hey Gump, 404 are on the back row. I doubt we'll fit anywhere else so if we could be left there that'd be wonderful!

Would be worth you telling me exactly who is in your group. As stated, please PM me on here or stick in a support ticket.

On 03/05/2016 at 12:25, Gumpster said:

Would be worth you telling me exactly who is in your group. As stated, please PM me on here or stick in a support ticket.

You didn't say PM, you said grab you through here so I assumed that meant this thread!

• Like 1

Yo Gump my mix team +1 needs to be on the shuffle, in are team we have myself , THE_FID , Miixer , 4t1fy and Tenchio we currently already have seats together FI-A1 to FI-A4 if that help also Tenchio's younger brother needs to be seated next to us he IGN is LCGM.

Cheers Brendon/Sweet Lemonz

• Like 1

Slight Update to the Seating Plan jiggle.

Here is the THE FINAL DRAFT before I start moving everyone around next weekend. If there are issues, you need to let me know, please bare in mind the "spare seats" currently aren't really spare, but for some of the random people who aren't in teams. If you are one of those people, please let me know as soon as possible before I start moving people around.

Click here for epic.EIGHTEEN Seating Plan Draft

Everyone has until May 20th to get themselves sorted, or face the possibility that I will have you in random areas of the LAN, and not next to your actual team.

As promised I will have the seating plan finished over next weekend which is May 21st/22nd.

• Like 2

Gump to buy round of Jaeger Bombs for 1st player to say 'I didn't wanna sit here!' when arriving at LAN.

• Like 4

Just to cover all my bases.

Twitter/Facebook revealed earlier that the seating plan has thoroughly been de-fragged today.

Every team/large group and SC2 players in attendance have been placed appropriately.

However, I have 9 spaces, and 10 people unsat for the following reasons:

• They weren't on the tournament website in a team
  • They hadn't tagged up on the seating planner.

Those players need to contact me through the support ticket system so I can sort out your seats as best as I can. You will get given priority over those on the waiting list, the quicker the players contact me... the better it is.

• Like 3

Hey Gump, can you please move my voucher seat to FI-G5 please? The seat is available and my partner (who the voucher is going to) will be playing in the team with Pineapples etc. Thanks :)

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter