Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic18 - Bar & Catering Details and Feedback

Bar Opening Times

Thursday

2pm-4pm Downstairs Bar (Pre Check In)

4pm-2am Fair Isle Bar

Friday & Saturday

12noon - 2am Fair Isle Bar

Guest Ales by Potbelly Brewery Kettering

• Crazy Daze - Very light golden bitter with hidden strength 5.5%
  • S.O.A.B. - Chestnut bitter with a smooth malty taste that gives way to a lighter hopped finish 5%
  • Dark Tusker - Dark mild with a fruity palate and superb hop aroma 3.6%

Reminder - All alcohol must be purchased from the bar, you cannot bring your own alcohol into any part of the venue (including camping area)

Catering Opening Times

• Thursday 4pm-9pm
  • Friday & Saturday 8am-9pm (Break 12:00-12:30 to prepare lunch)
  • Sunday 8am - 2pm (Break 12:00-12:30 to prepare lunch)

Menu

Breakfast (Served until 12noon)

• Big Breakfast (2 bacon, 2 sausages, egg, 2 hash browns, beans, mushrooms & 2 slices of toast + tea or coffee) - £6 (or £15 prepaid for all 3 days - add to your booking to save)
  • Small Breakfast (1 bacon, 1 sausage, egg, 1 hash brown, beans, tea or coffee) - £5
  • Vegetarian (as above with vegetarian sausage and extra egg)
  • Bacon Roll - £2.80
  • Sausage Roll - £2.80
  • Egg Roll - £2.50
  • 2 slices of toast with butter & marmalade - £1
  • Tea/Coffee - £1

Burger Menu (From 12:30pm - 9pm each day)

• Beef Burger - £3.20
  • Cheese Burger - £3.70
  • BLT Burger - £4.00
  • Bacon & Cheese Burger - £4.00
  • Double Cheese Burger - £5.00
  • Veggie Burger - £3.20
  • Epic Burger (Double Burger, Double Bacon & Cheese) - £5.50

Sides Menu (From 12:30pm-9pm each day)

• Onion Rings - £1.50
  • Chips - £1.50
  • Cheesy Chips - £2.00
  • Side Salad - £1.00

Lunch Menu (12:30 - 5:00pm)

• Jacket Potato & Filling with Salad - £4.50
  • Extra filling - 50p

Evening Meals (From 5:15pm - 9pm) - £5.00 

Thursday

• Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice or Chips
  • Sweet & Sour Quorn with Rice or Chips
  • Spaghetti Bolognaise with Garlic Bread

Friday

• Chicken Korma with Rice & Naan Bread
  • Vegetable Curry with Rice & Naan Bread
  • Macaroni Cheese with Garlic Bread & Salad

Saturday

• Pasta Carbonara with Garlic Bread & Salad
  • Pasta Arrabiata (v)
  • Chicken Casserole with New Potatoes 

Bar Menu (From 9pm - Bar Close)

• Chilli served on a bed of nachos with sour cream and guacamole - £4.50
  • Onion Rings - £1.50
  • Chips - £1.50
  • Cheesy Chips - £2.00

As always, please let us know during the event if you have any feedback, the thread is actively monitored throughout the event by the KCC team, so if there's anything you aren't happy with, let them know so it can be changed. Similarly if there's something you really do like, tell us about it so we can do more of the same next time! 

• Like 2

+1 Enjoyed Breakfast.

The sweet and sour last night was alright as well.

Yesterday's EPIC Burger had defeated me. Although the bacon was a little too fatty for my liking, overall really nice.

Today's macaroni cheese however was wonderful, don't know if it was because i had turned up just as it was being put out or what. Generous portion too!

Breakfast was on point this morning (Think KCC have about got that down...) - lunch (Cheeseburger & Onion Rings) - had to wait on the OR's but they were bob on when done (and i'd rather wait and have fresh) - Burgers had just been put out and seemed to be coming out "little and often" - Makes sense to me, minimises shrinkage for the venue, maximises product quality - I'd happily wait for the meal if it comes as good as that one.

Overall I think this is KCC's best food they've put on (so far! it's still very early days obvs...)

• Like 1

Do you reckon they would ever consider a more structured price list for the breakfast e.g.

Beans - 30p

Sausage - 40p

Bacon - 40p

Mushrooms - x p

Toast - x p

egg - x p

hashbrown - x p

so you can essentially build ya own breakfast, easily to work out the just staff have to remember prices for what 10 items, shouldn't be too difficult.

I understand they are accommodating of changes to say the Big breakfast meal and substituting items but wouldn't this pricing strategy make more sense? does to me.. just my 2 cents

5 hours ago, skiddybear said:

Do you reckon they would ever consider a more structured price list for the breakfast e.g.

<snip>

Their lack of a decent ePOS system would pretty much shoot this down straight away I'd imagine. You'd be asking their staff to do maths on the fly constantly (high risk of mistakes) perhaps something else epic could help the venue with? :-D

(It's pretty painful having to watch staff refer to price lists, and it's horribly inefficient...)

Also i'm not sure how you'd stay ontop of shrinkages with a manually entered POS - because now you have no "good" audit to compare your stock against :shock: (a decent ePOS you'd get all sorts of pretty data coming out of it to say what's popular and when - could do some funky trend analysis of this across several events so the kitchen knows when peaks and troughs of demand are and can ramp up and down in expectation. (Comparing them against the epic Timetable would give you a "When X then Y" happens - you could also do the same for the bar, aka Pub Quiz is ending? Everyone man the bar!

The other issue with this is it'd be harder for them to stay ontop of the demand to keep things running smoothly. Now they expect *most* people will have a few bits of each item. With that structure you can guarantee you'll get some Captain Awkwards™ who only eat Sausage (fnarr fnarr) so rock up and ask for a bun and the entire tray - meaning everyone else now has to wait.

Although - with that "cost per item" you'd get rid of that weirdness, where a single cheese slice is 50p, but a slice of bacon for your burger is 30p (Errr....?? :shock:)

Thoughts welcome

Edited by Matt_2k34
early + type = ZomGz

Veggie Breakfast was incredibly nice this morning - KCC staff very happy to adjust my breakfast with missing and extra items so I got my £5 worth!

Veggie Burger and Chips was also fantastic and not overcooked or bland as I was expecting (gg KCC), and Veggie Curry was the best meal I've ever had from the KCC catering (and that's coming from a fussy one like me!) so all in all, great success! 

I know its Saturday but thoughts so far:

The Good

+The Breakfast was piping hot, even 2 hours after they opened (I rose late on Saturday)

+The Breakfast Tasted really good

+The burgers, chips and snacks were pretty good too

+The Spaghetti Bolognaise was nice and generously portioned.

The Bad

- The curry was a bit disappointing, I'd describe it as watery at best, and the chicken could of tasted better. Though the naan tasted okay.

Looking forward to see how the food fares today!

Edited by cooky560

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter