Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

MRated

Lakeside Defrag @ epic.NINETEEN

So we are just about 3 months away from the event and Lakeside is filing up quickly.

Therefore it looks like a Defrag is in order to cater for some people that are waiting to buy their tickets.

In preparation of this, can you please make sure that your clan tag is set with something unique to your community. This can be found on https://www.epiclan.co.uk/account and is the Clan field.

We are planning on doing this in the coming weeks, but I will be sure to keep you up to date on our plans for this.

If you haven't got your tickets, remember that the discount ends on 31st July and you save yourself a tidy £12!

This is what I have so far.

Screen Shot 2016-07-19 at 23.26.06.png

My aim is always to sit people with their communities so that is what the Defrag is for. I can never guarantee I can seat everyone with who they want, but I will do as much as I can.

So I have every seat sorted by clan tag. Anyone who has a voucher I will assume that is for someone in the same community, up until the point you assign it to its final owner.

Obviously we want all the vouchers assigned as soon as possible so just as an added precaution, make sure the user who is receiving your voucher has the correct clan tag.

I have added a clan tag on two of my seats ...... kind of stuffed up making an account for the third

Am I still in A8/9/10?

4 hours ago, MoleInHole said:

MadHouse and MOLE to be sat together if possible please MRated :D 

I will update your clan tag then

• Like 1

Mrated, just gonna ask that any remaining 404 members be seated together, there maybe some more coming later we'll have to see.

15 hours ago, Dukey said:

Mrated, just gonna ask that any remaining 404 members be seated together, there maybe some more coming later we'll have to see.

On 7/19/2016 at 23:10, MRated said:

My aim is always to sit people with their communities so that is what the Defrag is for. I can never guarantee I can seat everyone with who they want, but I will do as much as I can.

Hey folks. Is this defrag now complete? I want to book a ticket tonight but there's nothing next to my mates. (BD lot)

On 7/19/2016 at 21:38, MRated said:

We are planning on doing this in the coming weeks, but I will be sure to keep you up to date on our plans for this.

Those rows are chocca if i remember correctly...

I will keep a note of it and see what I can do

• Like 1

Really appreciate it mate.  I've just booked a ticket and plonked myself on Row E for now :)

Make sure you have the same clan tag as the rest of them :)

Quick bump for those that have yet to update the clan tags,I will be looking at a provisional plan in the next couple of days :)

Hi guys,

Just bought 5 tickets, and I appreciate that there's only 3 seats left that I can see that are available.

Anything that you guys can do?

Cheers in advance.

1 minute ago, Raptoid said:

Hi guys,

Just bought 5 tickets, and I appreciate that there's only 3 seats left that I can see that are available.

Anything that you guys can do?

Cheers in advance.

There's plenty of seats left in the Fair Isle Hall (https://www.epiclan.co.uk/epic19/seating/fair-isle), we can't add any more rows into the Lakeside room though as it's at capacity. 

So this is the Plan as it stands now. In the view of being open and honest, some people are moving a row or maybe even around the hall.

This defrag is all about keeping people together but just in a slightly different location in some occasions. We have a good few communities who come out in force and they want to be able to sit together.

I will leave this up for a few days or so while it gets shared around then I will make the final version and put in to place soon.

chrome_2016-08-02_19-07-14.png

"None (F3)" (matty2050) is my friend and part of "uwotm9" (it is impossible to get him to do anything like setting a clan tag). Can you group us together please. Thanks.

Also, I don't agree with the defrag system. This is the first time I've been affected by it, however had I not seen the post on Facebook me and my friends could have turned up completely unaware of being moved, and then ended up not sat together. You really should message everyone who has been moved individually, and consider not moving people quite as drastically as you have (completely new rows). Some people don't check social media and/or the forums. It is first come first served after all, so if people leave it too late to get the spot they want then they shouldn't be given too much preference on getting moved (a sad truth). Often we choose a spot for good reason (low traffic area or end seats for example) and I don't think it's fair to move people who have. We also group together so it's usually pretty obvious when people are next to each other that they are there with friends and not on their own, randomly. As happened in my case 2 people with clan tags and one without, the one without got split from us. That makes zero sense and could end up ruining the event for someone.

Edited by andywhy
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, andywhy said:

"None (F3)" (matty2050) is my friend and part of "uwotm9" (it is impossible to get him to do anything like setting a clan tag). Can you group us together please. Thanks.

I will do this for you

11 minutes ago, andywhy said:

Also, I don't agree with the defrag system. This is the first time I've been affected by it, however had I not seen the post on Facebook me and my friends could have turned up completely unaware of being moved, and then ended up not sat together. You really should message everyone who has been moved individually, and consider not moving people quite as drastically as you have (completely new rows). Some people don't check social media and/or the forums. It is first come first served after all, so if people leave it too late to get the spot they want then they shouldn't be given too much preference on getting moved (a sad truth). Often we choose a spot for good reason (low traffic area or end seats for example) and I don't think it's fair to move people who have. 

I agree with some of your points, however. Every seat has the same value and there is not any preference. I agree we sell tickets on a first come first served basis, but coming from a group of people you want to be sat next to your friends. So if for example you had only just found us and wanted to come with your friends, who had already booked, and your only option was to sit with what could be complete strangers. That is going to change your enjoyment of the event.

15 minutes ago, andywhy said:

We also group together so it's usually pretty obvious when people are next to each other that they are there with friends and not on their own, randomly. As happened in my case 2 people with clan tags and one without, the one without got split from us. That makes zero sense and could end up ruining the event for someone.

I asked multiple weeks ago, publicised on social media and the forums to make sure your clan tag is updated. Plenty of warnings were made to make people aware we are planning thins seating defrag.

And just because you sit next to someone doesn't always make it obvious you are with them, you may have chose that seat because you had little options left.

Please remember that we do this to improve the event for everyone, and every effort is taken to seat people with their community. The seat picker is a convenience tool, and is subject to change (as we do defrags nearly every event)

I will make this edit and later on in the week I will post an update.

• Like 2

Thanks, I appreciate it. :) 

I asked multiple weeks ago, publicised on social media and the forums to make sure your clan tag is updated. Plenty of warnings were made to make people aware we are planning thins seating defrag

As I said though, some people like my mentioned friend don't use either. Whilst probably fairly uncommon for someone to use neither, it does happen. I still think a notification by e-mail to all attending users wouldn't go amiss (you do have our e-mail addresses after all).

I don't disagree with some movement to accommodate friends getting tickets later, but mass moves where you're unsure of the persons relation to other users honestly isn't fair, especially if it ends up as the final seating plan, they're not aware of it, and turn up to find they've been moved across the way from their friends - hence my suggestion to e-mail everyone about it too, instead of relying just on public notifications, then there are no excuses :) (everyone checks e-mails, right?).

I appreciate that defragging is supposed to make it fair for all and that me saying all this is unlikely to change much, but it did seem counter intuitive to me in this case and I just wanted my concerns and suggestions to be heard.

One further suggestion - make it mandatory to set a clan tag/name? It might prevent future issues :)

Thanks

Edited by andywhy
  • Like 1

This is the most recent thing i have come up with before i go to bed.

chrome_2016-08-02_22-49-48.png

As you can see everyone is together as much as possible.

• Like 4