Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

Thursday Evening - Network Issues

Hi Everyone, 

This is mainly for those in the clan rooms and Lakeside, but there will be a knock-on impact across the LAN. We're currently experiencing a complex internal network issue at the event causing these rooms to disconnect. The technical team is currently working through the issue systematically to find the fault, but it could relate to one of the 600+ devices connected to the network. 

Please bear with us while we resolve these issues and be assured we'll be working through the night to ensure everything is ready to play normally as soon as possible. In the mean time, enjoy the bar and we'll keep you updated. 

Update - The internal issue has now been resolved and now we're working through the external issues and cache. We're getting there, but unfortunately sometimes network issues on this scale with so many devices is a bit needle in a haystack! 

20 minutes ago, SGx said:

Hola, the wifi seems to be down - is this a known issue?

I've just checked and all the access points seem to be working OK, we have around 300-350 people using the wireless at the moment. Is there anywhere in-particular it's not working?

Sorry, I should have been clearer - I can connect to the wifi no problem, but I can't even load the intranet through it! No internet access via the wifi at all. I'm in Lakeside (downstairs).

If you could go to the staff desk and ask to speak to Matt, he should be able to help.

Well the KCC wifi last night got us 17meg+ before that was throttled like the lan connection. The Conference Centre obviously has the capacity for a faster connection than the current LAN network allows so...? Just to clarify though, other than the network issues this has been an absoloutely fantastic event. Almost, flawless.

Yes, every client is limited on the network to prevent people from using up all the bandwidth so it's all shared out as fairly as possible, there's 600+ devices on the network so limiting per device is a necessity. 

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter