Welcome to epic.Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

gitsie

Good, Bad & Ugly

28 posts in this topic

Good.

• Epic Staff- you guys, need i say more.
  • Kettering- feels more like a home every time. once again the staff we're great. our favourite camping spot
  • quiz- actually my first ever win, i was always on the 404 dummies team in the past. i wore d.va outfit so i could get a free pass onto table 1. 
  • the d.va outfit, suprisingly comfortable, i look forward to wearing it again and ruining the character for more d.va fans
  • the weather, 11 degrees c in februrary, can i get a hey hoe for global warming over here. 
  • the new 404 tent. the dreadfort as it has been aptly named turning out to be something brunel would have been proud of
  • 404 bbq was just the best and a pre quiz bbq for all is something i'd love to see. 
  • meeting with the joe show. shame more didn't turn up but it was interesting to see where you guys are gonna take the event next. 

Bad

• campsite lurkers 
  • that bastard duck. 
  • my pc threw a wobbly again 
  • friends laptop having a drink fortunately just sticky keys now.
  • interesting to have the dj set downstairs not sure if it works. maybe you guys need a disco ball. 
  • the car park was rammed all the weekend. and im not sure if my car sustained damage from another car. 
  • the campsite getting a little turfed up during the event. had the weather been anything less than perfect we may have had a problem. 
  • the big games especially the tf2 event falling flat very quickly
  • downstairs projector not working for much of the event. 

Ugly

• showers flooding out pretty horrendously on saturday morning. 

my two scents (scents because some of you needed showers)

epic 20 will go down in my mind as one of the best run events i have ever been too. the organisation and staff are and have continued to be a sterling example of how a events even though epic gaming ltd. is a not for profit business im sure most companies could learn a thing or two.

that said, and i really do mean this in the politest possible way, it did feel like the event was just running through the motions. and while i appreciate the hard work every single staff member and attendee put into making the event quite possibly the best ever.

at least from my prospective, there wasn't anything new.

yes they was the new overwatch tournament. and dj set was downstairs.

but there was nothing new for the regular punter to join in with. things like the pubquiz, djset and boat race still provide substantial interest but once friday night is done it feels as though there's nothing else to participate in once someone leaves the pc. 

now im, only saying this because i don't want epic to become stagnant, and i'd like to see fresh things come to the event before myself and others get bored of the current ones. 

over to you.

Edited by Dukey
2 people like this

On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 17:05, Dukey said:

Good.

• Epic Staff- you guys, need i say more.
  • Kettering- feels more like a home every time. once again the staff we're great. our favourite camping spot
  • quiz- actually my first ever win, i was always on the 404 dummies team in the past. i wore d.va outfit so i could get a free pass onto table 1. 
  • the d.va outfit, suprisingly comfortable, i look forward to wearing it again and ruining the character for more d.va fans
  • the weather, 11 degrees c in februrary, can i get a hey hoe for global warming over here. 
  • the new 404 tent. the dreadfort as it has been aptly named turning out to be something brunel would have been proud of
  • 404 bbq was just the best and a pre quiz bbq for all is something i'd love to see. 
  • meeting with the joe show. shame more didn't turn up but it was interesting to see where you guys are gonna take the event next. 

Bad

• campsite lurkers 
  • that bastard duck. 
  • my pc threw a wobbly again 
  • friends laptop having a drink fortunately just sticky keys now.
  • interesting to have the dj set downstairs not sure if it works. maybe you guys need a disco ball. 
  • the car park was rammed all the weekend. and im not sure if my car sustained damage from another car. 
  • the campsite getting a little turfed up during the event. had the weather been anything less than perfect we may have had a problem. 
  • the big games especially the tf2 event falling flat very quickly
  • downstairs projector not working for much of the event. 

Ugly

• showers flooding out pretty horrendously on saturday morning. 

my two scents (scents because some of you needed showers)

epic 20 will go down in my mind as one of the best run events i have ever been too. the organisation and staff are and have continued to be a sterling example of how a events even though epic gaming ltd. is a not for profit business im sure most companies could learn a thing or two.

that said, and i really do mean this in the politest possible way, it did feel like the event was just running through the motions. and while i appreciate the hard work every single staff member and attendee put into making the event quite possibly the best ever.

at least from my prospective, there wasn't anything new.

yes they was the new overwatch tournament. and dj set was downstairs.

but there was nothing new for the regular punter to join in with. things like the pubquiz, djset and boat race still provide substantial interest but once friday night is done it feels as though there's nothing else to participate in once someone leaves the pc. 

now im, only saying this because i don't want epic to become stagnant, and i'd like to see fresh things come to the event before myself and others get bored of the current ones. 

over to you.

If you ever want to run something, pop it on the forums :) that's how I got my Twilight Imperium game going :)

The Good

• Staff! Big thanks to the epic team and KCC crew
  • The people
  • Food (Breakfast was spot on)
  • DJ sets in Lakeside
  • Hearthstone Tournament
  • Internet connection

The Bad

• Us in the Overwatch tournament
  • Shots

The Ugly

• Friday night

3 people like this

• Similar Content

• By left-one
      THE GOOD,THE BAD,AND GUMPSTER

THE GOOD
      the food
      beach party
      D20
      the effort from ketting and epic
      signing up for EPIC 22

THE BAD
      missing page of D20
      visibility in pendeen for getting to bed
      (I was worried i wold step on a poor sod trying to get to my sleepy bag)
      trip to train station on sunday(Mii knackared)

GUMPSTER
      Cream pied
      Bad singing
      Ice Bucketed
      Raised money for special effect

(will add as i wake up or remember)

LEFT-ONE