MRated

epic22 - Event Defrag

Hello Guys & Gals,

Another sell out event, so congratulations to anybody who helps contribute to our success and we much appreciate your support.

However with sell out events comes major responsibility to our shoulders with regards to the seating plan and how to keep everyone fairly happy. Last event I we managed to make everyone fairly happy, however please understand that this is a tough thing to accomplish, we have larger groups which are odd numbers, and 1v1 type games in Fair Isle with the usual 5 man teams and of course Overwatch now with teams of 6. 

If you are a casual player and wanting atmosphere, we strongly urge you to go into Lakeside. Fair Isle is the competitive hall, and is treated as such for that reason, We won't force you to move of course, but it would be much appreciated if you were casual and wanted a smaller LAN feeling to sit in Lakeside.

Last couple of events what we did, was group all respective gaming communities and placed them in the appropriate parts of the hall, if you were a Dota team, you were down the Dota row, if you were CS:GO you were in the CS:GO rows, that same logic will continue for this event too as it makes it better for all players and admins involved.

Similarly, in Lakeside, we would group communities together as much as possible, whether that be back to back or full row. keeping spaces for other people to book up last min (as usual)

Here is the process for people in Lakeside

Clan Tags

Ensure these are up to date and matching with the rest of your community. This can be done on https://www.epiclan.co.uk/account
Seat Layout

We will do what we can to keep you in the same configuration as you are sat, but to fit in other people this may not always be the case, same with your particular location.

Here is the process that everyone will need to follow in Fair Isle.

Team Games - Teams of 5 (CS:GO/Dota2)

Please make sure you have signed your team to your tournament, this will help me with any teams who need to stick together, and thus means I don't displace anyone in stupid areas. It is vitally important you do this step. If you haven't allocated your tickets for obvious reasons (line-ups incomplete) then please do so as soon as physically possible to help with signing your teams up.

Tournament Website

How To Allocate Your tickets Guide

Team Games - Teams of 6 (Overwatch)

If you are an Overwatch Team, you will be placed primarily in the room Portland, as this room caters for teams of 6 players. Please make sure you are tagged up as appropriate and/or signed up on the Tournament website.

Single Players - 1v1 Games SC2/HS

I know there are a group of SC2 players who all like to be kept together. If you are part of the SC2 community and want to stick together, I will do all I can to facilitate that. If one or two of those members can contact us either through this thread or Support ticket then that would be much appreciated, just list the names of people who are in your group and that will help me keep you all together.

Large Groups in FI

There are a few groups in Fair Isle who are fairly sizeable, again please make sure that you either grab Gumpster here and/or support ticket with the names in your group and how specifically you want to be sat, that would be much appreciated

Looking to have some drafts in the next coming days and have a final plan ASAP.

Thank you for your cooperation and see you in a couple weeks time

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the Lakeside 1st draft. Let me know if anything needs changing or any preferences. I will always do what I can but cannot make any massive promises. With Lakeside filling up so quickly lots of people are scattered in some cases so we need to make sure those guys are catered for, but that we don't split up any groups

mBkdkwxHRju7uVd36H-2_Q.png

Thanks

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DaddyStu71 said:

enquiring about vondarkmoor's  seat has is white this is our connor

he is currently sat in k06 and keeps the same seat in the suffle, thats why you are all blue as im guessing you are all wanting to sit together

No issues here, as long as me and thelongdark are in the casual hall somehere we have no issues being anywhere really other than right next to the speaker.

Possible we get Umbra_curator next to the ComicSans clan? (The bugger didn't change it - but its being changed).

Preferably next to the two in H.

And as a bonus, moved back to G and F walls if poss :) 

Edited by DanBennett

Hello,

Can we have LOTH all in one row (between K1-K10) please? Preferably the last back row if possible :) that would be much appreciated.

Thank you! :) 

To be fair myself and my group would like to stay in the seats we chose as they are now in the planned defrag. 

Edited by morleyboy

On 9/28/2017 at 22:42, DanBennett said:

Possible we get Umbra_curator next to the ComicSans clan? (The bugger didn't change it - but its being changed).

Preferably next to the two in H.

And as a bonus, moved back to G and F walls if poss :) 

So moving umbra is fine, moving you to those rows may be difficult, because of the numbers in your group and the people around you, I have a feeling i would have to move entire rows, for the 5 stack you are in. I will see what I can do but the main thing is you will be together.

On 9/28/2017 at 22:47, Avellana said:

Hello,

Can we have LOTH all in one row (between K1-K10) please? Preferably the last back row if possible :) that would be much appreciated.

Thank you! :) 

I though you were with vondarkmoor, daddystu and morley boy. that's why it is as is on the seating plan. Is killersheep with you too?

On 9/29/2017 at 00:46, morleyboy said:

To be fair myself and my group would like to stay in the seats we chose as they are now in the planned defrag. 

Really depends on the LOTH guys, if you lot want to sort it out between yoursleves i can make somethign work that suits you both

So.... I still have 11 people yet to find (I have 17 seats to fill in both rooms, and 3 more in Lakeside), and I cannot seem to find said people, but I've been slogging away at this and pretty much ready to go with the draft.

If you have failed to sign up your team name, or you haven't tagged yourselves up as a "clan" on the seating planner, then I will have missed you and when it comes to actioning all the changes, you will be dumped whereever I have space on the seating planner as a result. It is in your best interests to follow the plan, that goes for the Dota2 community importantly because I haven't had enough information to see what teams are which.

The FAIR ISLE DRAFT.

The PORTLAND DRAFT.

Hi!

No problem with the seating defrag (Lakeside) but is it possible to re-arrange our seats to this:

LK-H Desert-Prince H1 Envy H2  Narstyle H3  RassenChidori H4 SarahNightmare 
LK-G Pauk G1 OptimusPeck G2 Clobberella G3 DormantLemon G4 MusicTechnician

Thanks!

LOTH k2 k4 and J5 J6 will be switching between us, I don't imagine that'll cause a problem but just to let u guys be aware :)

Edited by Cabaal

Hello,

Leader of INFED here. 

Would it be possible for us to stay in the main room, FI? We'd rather not be moved into Portland, we have been trying for weeks now to ensure all of our members are in FI-B20 to FI-B13 but had no response from those sitting in b-11 to b-13. I understand defragging is a necessity.

Edit: After discussing interally portland H is fine with us, sorry for an inconvenience. 

Edited by Boab

Hi, sc2 person not in a team with other people, would it be possible to be moved so I'm with the rest of the people playing Starcraft 2? Atm it looks like there's 4 of us in Fair isle, then everyone else in portland from the draft. 

Edit: Though if INFED get the seats there asking for above, I guess that all works out anyway ^^

Edited by Elskaa

3 hours ago, Boab said:

Hello,

Leader of INFED here. 

Would it be possible for us to stay in the main room, FI? We'd rather not be moved into Portland, we have been trying for weeks now to ensure all of our members are in FI-B20 to FI-B13 but had no response from those sitting in b-11 to b-13. I understand defragging is a necessity.

Actioned, but I've put you as 4 and 4 atm. Do you want that or would you prefer a long aisle?

2 hours ago, Elskaa said:

Hi, sc2 person not in a team with other people, would it be possible to be moved so I'm with the rest of the people playing Starcraft 2? Atm it looks like there's 4 of us in Fair isle, then everyone else in portland from the draft. =

Done.

Just now, Gumpster said:

Actioned, but I've put you as 4 and 4 atm. Do you want that or would you prefer a long aisle?

Done.

We would much prefer a row of 8, after discussing interally the majority of SC2 players seem to be in portland so we're happy to take portland H as originally planned. 

Thanks

Aww we lost our back row seats :(

Will make sure to book the extra 2 tickets next time then I guess lol

5 hours ago, Jaddie said:

Aww we lost our back row seats :(

Will make sure to book the extra 2 tickets next time then I guess lol

Feasibility of group sizes Jaddie. A group of 6 goes into a row of 6 better when I have several groups of 8 who can slot into rows of 8. Strange that :P

Lakeside v.2

rdENp9CfRvKFUcBL8M1AgQ.png

@DanBennett - @Umbra_curatoris now with you, but moving your 5 stack into seats taking up by an 8 stack just doesn't work unfortunately.

@Avellana - Check your PM's im still unsure how many in your stack

I had another request in PM for team @MoleInHole which is also sorted.

Lets keep the communication to this thread guys, no need to PM me stuff about the seating plan. Just makes it easier to reference and resolve

Thanks

• Like 1

Hiya Epic ppl,
Was gonna ask for you to sort the seating plan for my teams, but, I realised you've already done it!

Thanks x x

Edited by Revilo
mistake
  • Like 1

• Similar Content

• By left-one
      want to mention two things

1)seating defrags will be happening closer to the event so make use of clan tags and contacting the defragger with info for your group/friends.

2)leave walking space in sleeping areas PLEASE.(I dont want to injure my self)

this is not about causing arguements.

• By left-one
      I feel i need to mention this before some one gets hurt there is a large suitcase plus other things on what i would count as a walkway in the sleeping area i dont know anyone who could step over this safely i know i cant.
    • By Winbar
      For those of you not in our Facebook Group, here's the big games list as announced by Papa @reech a few days back, reposting for him while he's away doing French things. 

...and with a ninja edit, here comes reech to add the schedule!  Start downloading now, so you're prepped and ready for the event.  As ever, our technical team will cache the popular games, but don't miss out - be prepared!

Thursday
      Kicking off the Hallowmeme fun and games, there's the Opening Ceremony at 8pm, and then we're into our too spoopy games of...
      9pm   | Team Fortress 2 - Halloween Theme
      11pm | Left 4 Dead 2 

Friday
      Relax from the horror - at least until you see how much breakfast Papa @reech can put away - with the Friday line up!  Don't forget we've also got Overwatch 1v1 and FIFA 18 tournament as well as the Pub Quiz!
      11am  | Overwatch all-in (as a warm up for the 12noon Overwatch 1v1 Fun Tournament)
      1pm    | Minecraft Hunger Games
      3pm   | CS:GO (Arms Race)
      5pm   | GTA V Races
      7pm  | Fistful of Frags
      Midnight | Quiplash \ Jackbox Games

Saturday
      Get ready for the run up to the Halloweme Party and Costume Content at 8pm on Saturday, and join in with the following during the day... Don't miss the Rocket League 3v3, Super Smash Bros and League of Legends 2v2 Fun Tournaments during the day as well!
      11am    | Golf with your Friends
      12noon | Rocket League Warm-up (with the Fun Tournament at 3pm)
      1pm     | Day of Defeat
      4pm     | Half Life 2: Death Match
      5pm     | Move or Die
      10pm   | Hidden \ No More Room in Hell
      11pm   | Blur

Sunday
      Calm it down with some gentle games as you also enjoy the e-Sports Finals
      11am  | Chivalry: Medieval Warefare
      1pm    | Team Fortress 2

There's also the epic PUB QUIZ on Friday night, and our Saturday theme event is HALLOWMEME so be prepared for some spooky goings on in the gallery. Also - keep your eyes open for our pop up games for quick score challenges that we'll be inviting you to take part in!
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter