MRated

epic22 - Event Defrag

7 and 5 was ideal. But I understand if that is not possible now.

Failing that we will have to try and fix the issue ourselves and swap some of our seats around. Am I correct in understanding that this is allowed?

Hey, I got moved with the fix to get these guys more preferable seats. I'm totally happy with where I am now, but I already printed out my ticket. Do I need to reprint it, or is it fine as is? (I don't have a printer at home, so it's just a bit time consuming if I need to go get it printed again xD)

1 hour ago, Elskaa said:

Hey, I got moved with the fix to get these guys more preferable seats. I'm totally happy with where I am now, but I already printed out my ticket. Do I need to reprint it, or is it fine as is? (I don't have a printer at home, so it's just a bit time consuming if I need to go get it printed again xD)

No it's fine as is. No need for a re-print buddy.

1 hour ago, Dux0r said:

7 and 5 was ideal. But I understand if that is not possible now.

Failing that we will have to try and fix the issue ourselves and swap some of our seats around. Am I correct in understanding that this is allowed?

Perfectly allowed. You might wanna ask the guys on the end of the rows if they wanna swap around a bit as well, but just remember they are well within their right to say no. I usually bribe people with a round of drinks some how to help (and say thank you).

As I said earlier, there is reasons I will look at a seating plan and move seats to help logistics flow better. As with every event, we always welcome feedback, and maybe some people can raise this in post LAN surveys etc. However, as we have discussed privately, there doesn't seem like a particularly suitable solution to tweak the seating plan to make it better for everyone involved (esports and casual communities), I'm always around during the LAN, to speak to and perhaps anyone who has any good ideas can write them down or email as well to me.

I know some people may not like what I say or how I handle situations, but for future events, there are two bits of feedback for the people in this thread, please check the forums on a regular basis (so in the two to three weeks prior to the event) when the original email has gone out, or keep an eye on social media for posts, and get your seating requests in as early as possible so that I can accurately plan how I deal with groups. So for example, had you, Dux0r said to me, "Hey Gump, seen you are doing the seating plan, and saw the drafts on Monday, could we be sat with BigClan, or closer to BigClan please as we have friends in that group. Thanks." Then I would have facilitated that move, and perhaps even gone one step further and said "How would you all like to be laid out.....".

The only reason why I messaged Tardcommander this time round from Big Clan, was actually because I had dealt with her in previous events, and knew that she had unusual seating requests. We purposely revised how we did seating de-frags based on previous event feedback when people didn't see social media coverage of said de-frags or weren't aware, so we included emails, and decided to do it in one big clean sweep with all rooms being actioned at the same time.

I don't know how long seating de-frag drafts take Mark, but I have spent two weeks this time doing the leg work, messaging a few people and making sure the relevant esport communities are aware of where they are sat. It's not just doing the drafts that take time, it's the additional blanket coverage we do too, so I posted on the UKCSGO Facebook group, the UKDota subreddit, did Social Media posts on the epic.LAN accounts, posted in the epic.LAN Facebook Community (twice, once for the initial time I was planning the draft & the second for when the drafts were live), and I check the support tickets, my Private Messages on here, and hola at people on steam if I need to. All this whilst working full time and planning esports as a whole at epic. The actual de-frag itself took me probably all evening on Saturday (so I got home around 5ish, started it at 6pm and finished it at 1am ish).

As I say, I'm approachable at LAN, and if anyone has issues they can always come to the admin desk and just talk to me about the issues around seating and I'll listen and if it's a long time of listening, I'll buy a drink..... :D (also if anyone has better suggestions then that is always welcome).

(Yes I've gone off on a tangent, but felt it was a good idea to inform people).

• Like 1

For future is it also easier for you to hear from people just to confirm they are fine as is or does it only matter if there are concerns?

Part of the MEEP guys and admittedly only just saw this thread now as it's our first epiclan, but we were aware of the changes and just rolled with it.  I always do an internal seat plan for us for iseries anyway and we swap based on that as it's too much of a pain to get ~20 people to swap around on the planner, since we all book at different times and just slot ourselves in to fill space. 

We might have a fair sized group next time so if dropping in on the defrag thread just to confirm we are fine or we are happy to be shuffled into other arrangements makes it any easier I'd be happy to do so.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cush said:

For future is it also easier for you to hear from people just to confirm they are fine as is or does it only matter if there are concerns?

Part of the MEEP guys and admittedly only just saw this thread now as it's our first epiclan, but we were aware of the changes and just rolled with it.  I always do an internal seat plan for us for iseries anyway and we swap based on that as it's too much of a pain to get ~20 people to swap around on the planner, since we all book at different times and just slot ourselves in to fill space. 

We might have a fair sized group next time so if dropping in on the defrag thread just to confirm we are fine or we are happy to be shuffled into other arrangements makes it any easier I'd be happy to do so.

If you fancy letting me know you are fine with any changes then please do.

Obviously if you have a sizeable group next time, give me a heads up and let me know if there are any areas of epic that you wouldn't want to be. I can perfectly facilitate as many people as I can.

feel a good place to put this easiest way to stop moaning.

Clans :-

keep your tags up to date

assign a person to deal with defrags

keep an eye on social media and e-mails

reply quickly with all the info you can

be polite to the de-fragger

Single Attendees:-

make a unique tag

keep an eye on social media and e-mails

reply quickly with all the info you can

be polite to the de-fragger

• Like 2

• Similar Content

• By left-one
      want to mention two things

1)seating defrags will be happening closer to the event so make use of clan tags and contacting the defragger with info for your group/friends.

2)leave walking space in sleeping areas PLEASE.(I dont want to injure my self)

this is not about causing arguements.

• By left-one
      I feel i need to mention this before some one gets hurt there is a large suitcase plus other things on what i would count as a walkway in the sleeping area i dont know anyone who could step over this safely i know i cant.
    • By Winbar
      For those of you not in our Facebook Group, here's the big games list as announced by Papa @reech a few days back, reposting for him while he's away doing French things. 

...and with a ninja edit, here comes reech to add the schedule!  Start downloading now, so you're prepped and ready for the event.  As ever, our technical team will cache the popular games, but don't miss out - be prepared!

Thursday
      Kicking off the Hallowmeme fun and games, there's the Opening Ceremony at 8pm, and then we're into our too spoopy games of...
      9pm   | Team Fortress 2 - Halloween Theme
      11pm | Left 4 Dead 2 

Friday
      Relax from the horror - at least until you see how much breakfast Papa @reech can put away - with the Friday line up!  Don't forget we've also got Overwatch 1v1 and FIFA 18 tournament as well as the Pub Quiz!
      11am  | Overwatch all-in (as a warm up for the 12noon Overwatch 1v1 Fun Tournament)
      1pm    | Minecraft Hunger Games
      3pm   | CS:GO (Arms Race)
      5pm   | GTA V Races
      7pm  | Fistful of Frags
      Midnight | Quiplash \ Jackbox Games

Saturday
      Get ready for the run up to the Halloweme Party and Costume Content at 8pm on Saturday, and join in with the following during the day... Don't miss the Rocket League 3v3, Super Smash Bros and League of Legends 2v2 Fun Tournaments during the day as well!
      11am    | Golf with your Friends
      12noon | Rocket League Warm-up (with the Fun Tournament at 3pm)
      1pm     | Day of Defeat
      4pm     | Half Life 2: Death Match
      5pm     | Move or Die
      10pm   | Hidden \ No More Room in Hell
      11pm   | Blur

Sunday
      Calm it down with some gentle games as you also enjoy the e-Sports Finals
      11am  | Chivalry: Medieval Warefare
      1pm    | Team Fortress 2

There's also the epic PUB QUIZ on Friday night, and our Saturday theme event is HALLOWMEME so be prepared for some spooky goings on in the gallery. Also - keep your eyes open for our pop up games for quick score challenges that we'll be inviting you to take part in!
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter