Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Squirrel

Catering Menu and Feedback

Breakfasts – Served 8-12:00pm

• The Big Breakfast - £6.00 - 2 bacon, 2 sausages, 1 egg, 2 hash brown, Beans, Mushrooms, 2 slices toast, and a cup of tea or coffee*
  • The Small Breakfast - £5.00 - 1 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 hash brown, beans and a cup of tea or coffee**
  • Bacon Roll - £2.80
  • Sausage Roll - £2.80
  • Egg Roll - £2.50
  • Large Breakfast Roll—£3.50 (Chose any 3 items)
  • Beans on Toast  - £1.50
  • 2 Slices of Toast with Butter & Marmalade  - £1.00
  • Tea/Coffee – 80p

Paninis – Served 12:30-4pm and from 9:00pm on bar menu

• Bacon, Brie and Cranberry £3.50– Available without bacon for Vegetarian option £3.00
  • Pulled Pork Melt - £3.50
  • Tuna Melt - £3.50

Burgers and Wings – Served from 12:30pm to 9pm:

• Beef Burger - £3.00
  • Pulled Pork Burger - £4.00 – Beef burger topped with cheese and pulled pork
  • Bacon, Cheese and Fried Egg Burger - £4.00
  • Spicy Bean Burger (v) - £3.00
  • Mexican Burger –£4.50 Beef Burger topped with cheese, jalapenos, salsa, and nachos.
  • EPIC Burger - £5.50 - A Double Burger, with Double Bacon and Cheese
  • Chicken Wings (x7) with Hot Sauce - £5.00

Sides – Served from 12:30-9pm

• Chips / Cheesy Chips £1.50 / £2.00
  • Onion Rings (x8) £1.00
  • Side Salad - £1.00
  • Coleslaw - £1.50
  • Mac and Cheese - £3.00
  • Corn on the Cob - £1.00

Evening Food  - Served from 4:00pm to 9:00pm

Thursday: Chick n Pix Night

• Chicken Burger - £4.00
  • Honeyed chicken Skewers (x3) - £4.50
  • Southern Fried chicken Strips (x4) - £2.50
  • Selection of Piri Piri Sauces

Friday: Homemade Pizza Night

• 10” Cheese and Tomato - £4.00
  • 10” Chicken and Bacon - £6.00
  • 10” Ham and Brie - £6.00

Saturday: Spoopy Grill Night

• Bloody Ribs - Full Rack of Ribs - £6.50
  • Hells Hot Dogs – A Chilli Hot Dog served in a Brioche Bun - £4.00
  • Voodoo Chicken Skewers (x3) - £4.50

Bar Snacks – served from 9pm

• Nachos - £3.00
  • Sausage Rolls - £1.00
  • Onion Rings (x8) - £1.00

Add your feedback here to help the venue improve their future menus, or similarly if there is anything they can do to help during this event. 

I am yet to have a breakfast, but I had the pulled pork burger with chips and onion rings last night (Thursday) and whilst the burger was absolutely fine, the chips and onion rings tasted as though they had been cooked with the southern fried chicken (spicy) which won't be nice for any vegetarians!

Today I ordered a panini. About 45 minutes in, was told that they were being sorted out. I asked what the delay was when I still didn't have my panini over an hour later and was told again "we're trying to get them sorted out". I asked if there was any brie in the kitchen (I ordered the brie one) and was told that there wasn't but someone might be going out to get some brie. I didn't really feel like waiting another half an hour, so I said i'd have bacon and cheese. 

When I did get my panini, the cheese wasn't melted and the bread tasted stale. Such a shame as last couple of events the panins were amazing! Also, if there's going to be a delay with food, one of the catering staff should tell us rather than wait for us to ask an hour after ordering. 

Breakfast was brill as it always is! my only fail here was ordering a small (RIP me)

Thursday night I went for Chicken burger and chips. £4.00 for the sad flat chicken thing in a dry bun was a bit disappointing and I also found the chips and onion rings to be spicy which makes me wonder if they were cooked in the same oil as the southern fried chicken too, Spicy makes squirrel sad. :( 

Feeling hungry around midnight I went to get some nachos from the bar snacks menu, when they were brought out I was told that there was no sour cream not a huge deal per say but when it's advertised I kinda missed it.

Not the best KCC catering we've had really I hope it's a one off rough start and things improve through the weekend. 

I'll echo Squirrel's comments on the chicken burger. Plus the fact that the picture of the chicken burger on the big screen attracted me to the idea in the first place!

Other than that, I was a bit disappointed that the paninis ran out mid afternoon :( Breakfast was good though!

Sweet chilli chicken skewers were great last night.

Breakfast excellent.

Burger at lunch time was tasty, but the chip portion was a bit disappointing.  Kind of stringy and a good deal cooler than the burger.

my problem i have come across is that they don't give a heads up to kitchen about no certain food left and then we have to wait around for the food tobe made  our food is not waiting keeping hot in the heat trays it is staying on the tables getting cold. And you can be sometimes be waiting s while for the new food to come out. 

Last nights chicken Skewers were good!

However the chips that came with it, very cold and soggy sadly! :(

This morning, the breakfast was of okay quality, but just as an observation - The team at the front of house, seemed to keep running out of stuff and having to wait 10 minutes or so for replacements, the guys serving will probably have a much better time if you can keep on top of that somehow! :) 

2 hours ago, hundvalpp said:

what time does homemade pizza night start?

Now! 

2 hours ago, mattarnster said:

I'll echo Squirrel's comments on the chicken burger. Plus the fact that the picture of the chicken burger on the big screen attracted me to the idea in the first place!

Other than that, I was a bit disappointed that the paninis ran out mid afternoon :( Breakfast was good though!

I will just point out that the images on the big screen are just a visual to brighten the menu slides and are not how the items will actually be served. 

twice the pulled pork burger has been served without cheese and with no communication about the missing item, or given any reason and still charging full price. 

Pizza's tonight are a solid 9/10 for the price that they are! Would recommend.

Can people start appreciating though that the pizzas do take time... people getting super pissy at the staff while I was waiting because they'd waited a whole TEN minutes. Especially when you've come during a rush / peak time, you should expect to wait a little!

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say thank you so far for all your feedback, good and bad. It helps me every event to alter the menu to what went down well, and what didn't go down so well.

We have had some ordering issues this LAN which has resulted in a few of the complaints above, for which I can only apologise.

If anyone has any issues, please just come and see me or any other manager on duty and we will always try to resolve it on the spot for you.

I hope you all enjoy SPOOPY grill night tonight!

Don't forget there will be some themed cocktails at the bar also,

Thanks again!

Louise :)

• Like 1

Front staff seem to be very new. Saw one of them trying to use one of the coffee dispenser and he didn't know how to use it. Then they ran out of eggs. This never used to be an issue at previous events. Also Why is there no Ale this event :(

6 minutes ago, Jodack said:

Front staff seem to be very new. Saw one of them trying to use one of the coffee dispenser and he didn't know how to use it. Then they ran out of eggs. This never used to be an issue at previous events. Also Why is there no Ale this event :(

The ale was a little late arriving due to some supplier issues unfortunately but it's been there since yesterday afternoon (I made sure personally for many pints last night!)

• Like 2

Last nights pizza was pretty solid, the cardboard box would of been easier to eat. 

Nice idea though.

Edited by matthab
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, matthab said:

Last nights pizza was pretty solid, the card board box would of been easier to eat. 

Nice idea though.

amazing

I've only had beans on toast and chips so far. Whilst the chips are yummy, my beans and toast were both very cold. I understand they prepare toast ahead but I wouldn't have minded if the beans were even a bit warm. I wanted to have the hash browns and corn cobs but both times I've gone they have been out. I have usually enjoyed the food here but there are very limited options for a vegan so it would be nice if they did have a good supply of those things!

I know it's been said before but are there any plans to ever cater for vegans? A lot of what is served already could quite easily be vegan friendly and I'd rather give my money to KCC who who go out of they're way to make things good for us. If not I'll continue to eat my soups, crisps and instant noodles! 

My weekend review;

Chicken burger looked like it was something i could have got from iceland for about £1 for four. Little disappointing when that was around £4.

Onion rings (when they were not sent back for being cold) were fine.

The pizza fiasco caused me to change gears completely and go for a burger which was good and worth the cost.

Not having potbelly ales or farmer jims was a massive disappointment. Partly responsible for my lack of alcohol consumption this weekend

I only used the catering for breakfast this time around. I had 2 sausage sandwiches on different days. One was hot as the sausages were freshly cooked (I watched them bring them out whilst I was in line) but the other was almost stone cold despite them having food warmers.

The food was always left uncovered which is probably why it doesn't keep them warm. I think KCC would be better off with halogen food warmers to keep them hot as I've never had food from one of those (from elsewhere obviously) that wasn't nice and hot since it's directed heat from above.

The 2 sandwiches I had however did taste great - no complaints there, I just would have enjoyed the cold one more if it were hot.

One further thing was one of the times I had to point out that I was being charged too much for my sandwich. For some reason the lady that served me tried to charge me 30p more until I pointed it out. She seemed confused, fumbled with the till for a few seconds and said that's OK at the other price. No idea how that has managed to happen but I hope that wasn't the case for others.

Edited by andywhy

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter