Welcome to epic.Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dukey

Epic 22- the good the bad and the CS:GO screambuoys

47 posts in this topic

right here we go standard format lets dish the dirt. 

The Good:

• the weather stayed positively summery all weekend and provided a lot of reasons for us to spend a bit more time outside. 
  • self-caterlan, cooking for ourselves all weekend seemed to be a winner. the catering from what i could hear and see was sub-par, and i wasn't tempted by anything the conference centre was providing. 
  • back-up pc worked after the first one failed.
  • enough big games and competitions going on to keep everyone entertained
  • the two gents i was sat next to were very nice. 
  • games were played and drinks were drank all weekend. 
  • security seemed on-par, not heavy handed nor non existence, there if you needed them not getting in the way of the fun. 
  • epic staff being as friendly and inviting as always. 
  • always found clean toilets with toilet paper. 
  • finally a return of some friendly exhibition staff. 

The bad:

• my pc broke again - hence the back up, more on this in a second. 
  • my chair went missing every time i walked away, didn't mind the first time, didn't mind the second. but 5th time i'd had enough, took me a little longer to figure out that if i left my headphones or jumper on it wouldn't get nicked. 
  • no ALES
  • disparity in the pricing at the bar: downstairs bar charged me £3.75 for carling, upstairs in the event it's £4. 25p extra, and i had to walk upstairs for it. i hope drinks are cheaper next event. 
  • didn't use catering, wasn't evening entertaining the thought until i can be sure its quality. 
  • i should have taken part in more of the event run things, but pc borked

The Ugly:

• The CS:GO screamoboys were on top form this weekend. some of the profanities and squeels coming out of these tiny minded people do need to be put in check, that said i'm moving to a different seat next event to hopefully avoid most of this type of behaviour. 
  • drug dealers always good to be offered them walking back to the campsite. 

final point. 

first off i have to apologise to staff and some of the people further down the row when my pc broke, and i started blaming them of tampering with it in revenge for the giant robotic butler. turn out it wasn't there fault, i have a 12v fridge powered by a huge 1200w power supply in my case, a minor surge somewhere in this tripped out the motherboards over voltage protection and killed my pc. thought it had got bust AGAIN, got it home read through some forums and removed the cmos battery to reset the bios, and boom back to life. so yeah i was a little quick to hand out accusations and sorry for dragging staff and players in as well. drink and emotions got the better of me and yeah the rest speaks for itself. 

anyway, i've booked and paid for next event now. proper looking forward to it. its my 10th lanniversary so 10 year since my first and countless inbetween. should be a big one see you there.

Edited by Dukey
1 person likes this

The good

• As always a welcoming event by staff and other attendees.
  • My brothers first LAN. I think he's hooked!
  • Top form banter by the staff on the PA in Lakeside. Our group being sat at the front near the staff probably helped ;)
  • Security. Although a tad annoying having everything searched, it's definitely welcome to make sure we stay safe and rules are followed.

The bad

• Internet speed definitely felt noticeably much slower compared to my last LAN in February. I'm guessing this is down to it being a sellout. I know Winbar said improvements are on the way again in his interview video so hopefully it'll be sorted in future.
  • No Steam event notifications. Did I miss these or have they been stopped? I have the epic hub notifications but they don't appear in game unlike Steam.
  • Not really bad but not quite on form was the catering. I only had a simple sausage butty but it was cold despite there being food warmers.
  • That damn cricket again in the sleeping room! Is it someones phone app? And the snoring. Oh my god the snoring. One evening I went in and someone was snoring so loudly I thought the place was going to fall down. A few other people had just got in as well and they were laughing as the snoring got louder and louder. Suddenly it stopped and all was silent. Jokes about the snoring persons death were very quickly made....

The ugly

• Shower privacy, or lack there of! Whose idea was it to change this to half-circles instead of full on cubicles like it used to be? Hopefully it's changed for next time.
  • Unclean toilets and no soap. Someone had vomited in the sink in the changing room toilets over Friday early morning and this was still not cleaned on Sunday!  Plus I had to mention to epic staff 3 times for them to pass on to KCC for the soap to be re-filled in the toilets behind the board games lobby. KCC kept saying it was done but it wasn't. Eventually Winbar took it upon himself to get it sorted (thanks Winbar).
  • Me by the time I got home on Sunday. I was a very broken man. LAN death is not a nice thing.

See you all in Feb :)

1 person likes this

Good:

-Bodying Gary at SF4, though no one needs to mention the sf2 that happened, I claim poor judgment.

-Hallowmeme, Not often you see Rick being multiplied whilst someone summons a dinosaur to the party and Link is left there to defeat it with the joker laughing at it all. Though bit of a special mention (For myself anyway) When in the Link costume having a full conversation with some 11-12 year old about Legend of Zelda with his mum thanking me to taking time to talk to him as he had conditions (I did not even realise it when talking to him) the thanks wasn't needed I got to be a nerd able Legend of Zelda without being told it's a kid's game :P

-Drunken overwatch with Connor and The Long dark

-Ganking in Chivalry, waiting for the right time to jump in a group fight and getting 3 kills in one is amazing (Not sorry) (However sorry to Reech for stabbing you in the face over and over whilst on your team)

-TF2 big game, Turns out I am still awesome as Scout

-Twilight imperium on the Thursday, got to prove you don't need a military to have power.

The amount of rounds that were bought both by myself and the group, I was not a sight worth seeing on Saturday and I wasn't a 7 Wonder (heh heh heh) on the sunday morning

-Seeing an old clan member I hadn't seen for about 2 years, and then proceeding to take the piss out of each other all lan. Good times

-WEREWOLF!

-Losing Beer pong

Bad:

-Losing beer pong

-Me on Saturday and Sunday.

-My bank

-Feeling there wasn't enough time to do all the things I would have liked to do.

-I would still like to see a community/big game or a lan server for Gmod that isn't prophunt

-My borked attempts at any song ever on the Ocarina.

-Wishing I had brought some cash or wasn't an idiot with paypal as I wanted to throw money at D20 in exchange for some of that sweet sweet cardboard (BTW I'm making an aftershave wish is the new board game smell and I will call it "Newgame+")

-Fuse exploding and almost causing me to put those CS:GO skills to good use

-No streetfighter tournament :( 

-Still cannot figure out the music request system.

-Everyone leaving big games early, This shouldn't really be in bad but It felt like as I was getting into the game people were leaving, again This is not a bash at those or how it's ran at all, more of me wishing it would last longer.

Ugly:

-There was only one instance which I have mentioned to some staff, but for a lesser story, if you're going to get smashed on everything including alcohol and what ever else you decide to take, please don't come into the building and ruin it for others. Luckily they were removed.

-Me

Nothing else I can mention really

3 people like this

The idiots screaming out constantly were really annoying - I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid had they been knocked out. Sadly this did not happen though..

Not sure why this was tolerated..

Edited by Webster86

Good

Security were on point, just the right level of presence and confrontation. I felt pretty safe knowing they were there to check my Asda bag for hidden terrorists when i was heading for a shower at 5am.

Lots of people wearing crocs. And costumes in general.

Enough power draw to supply 3 fridges, a 7 foot robot butler and fry dukey's pc again with no issues at all.

Pub quiz was great bantz, thanks for that little expansion to 10 people per team as it made us fit our group around one table (nearly), goddamn Mr Meeseeks.

Fun tournaments were great and run really well.

Nice to see the exhibitors in full force, gave us something to play with and i'm certain the entirety of 404's posture has improved after we all ended up buying new chairs.

Bad

Internet speeds were middling to poor

Wifi went down on me more times than an aspiring actress does on harvey weinstein

Shower-toilets needed some love. 2 day old vomit has a positive feedback loop on inducing further vomiting.

Doombar, yuck. Can't centurion that smegma laden concoction.

Ugly

Catering staff dropped the ball. What were they thinking bringing Walcott on that early?

Bar staff... Running out of beers is one thing but taking 10 minutes or so to sort people's orders out and give them the correct change is maddening.

CS-GO castrati needed to STFU, how he reached those high notes without the application of nipple clamps i will never know.

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, Webster86 said:

The idiots screaming out constantly were really annoying - I don't think anyone would have batted an eyelid had they been knocked out. Sadly this did not happen though..

It's hard to actively enforce because LAN has always been naturally loud.

If you feel aggrieved by it at LAN, there is always plenty of staff area's to go and let people know. I was sat in Fair Isle all weekend, and had no complaints about the noise levels, the only complaint we had was around the 404 Robot Butler which 404 were informed about and they made it quieter.

good

epic staff

7 wonders duels

twilight imperium 3 (thanks for bringing it chronowolf)

elsie

Kameo makng to lan with me :)

astrolox catching out the werewolf players who kept asking the mod if they were playing a certain varient

werewolves in genral

minecraft hunger games

bad

my airbed that thought it was a sieve

finding the only chest with SFA on the hunger games map

my sleep across the weekend

very bad

what people think are aceptible for a dim lit/dark sleeping area(attendees need to get a grip)

ugly

dunces fixsation with ant and dec

Good

My Tent. Brilliant purchase.

Pre-LAN Paintballing

Minecraft Hunger Games - Never played this game mode before and despite Mojang difficulties and getting our asses kicked, it was mighty enjoyable.

HL2DM - Always a good craic

Smash toruney was a good laugh despite getting my ass handed to me in the second game. Gonna get me a WiiU emulator methinks.

Friday BBQ - Another regular success

Thursday Dinner - The cooking stove making its debut and doing exceptional. Might have to try Game Stew again!

Security - new employees? Better than the previous, felt less like you were an inconvenience to them and jumped on issues the moment they were raised

Another special shout out for Reech. The ability for this guy to absorb the first world problems shit from a few hundred pissed up bitching whiney gamers and not only remain professional and effective but moderately cheery all the way through is award winning. Thank you once again for your help throughout the event.

Beer - good stuff when it eventually turned up!

Bad

Pub Quiz - Is it just me or are these getting more questions rammed into a shorter time span? I know us being pissed doesn't help the time perspective and being quick helps prevent people googling the answers but just seemed a bit rushed this time?

Internet - the speed this time was exceptionally terrible rendering many games unplayable.

Wcs and showers - these were minging. Often youd see one in a poor state and in exactly the same state the next day.

Beer prices - honestly. Please can we sort some slabs of beer? Over 4 quid a pint is crippling!!

The Ugly

On to the elephant in the room. The CSGO screamtards.

I must admit Gump, your reply is incredibly naiive, denying that there is a problem because no one has said anything is unacceptable. People complained to you many times, or anyone else for that matter (just check the discord) about the robobutler. The number of times you spoke to us was once which was quickly brushed off as we turned the volume back up 15 minutes later.

This only crystalised the matter as people immediately realised that you enforcing any control on the noise wasn't going to happen. How this issue didn't come to blows was down to the temperament of the players and zero to do with you. I hate to say it but you faield on yhis heavily.

I know LAN is a noisy affair at times, over 10 years of LANs has taught me that but ONLY at epic does this scale and volume actually occur. Even as a foulmouthed pisshead i did take a step back and think - Does Epic want to be known as this sort of LAN? Players screaming obscenities at each other all weekend? Trash talk puts everyone in ear shot in a bad mood in any circumstance, we don't need it with every 1:30 minute round of CSGO.

It reflects badly on you and it reflects badly on the event. Time to make a decision on how you're going to deal with it (or not as the case has been so far).

The Good
Epic Staff as always, and shout out for Reach coming up stairs over the weekend from the community room to let us know about specific games going on.

The factorio deathworld game over the duration of the weekend.

Pre-Lan Paintball Event

New Security

Rick and Morty Theme with an epic performance from Mr Meeseeks

Camping - Self Catering Thursday night, and Breakfast each morning.

The Bad

The new bar staff need some training up, but did a good first attempt.

The Showers - As with every lan, they seem to get a lack of care after 9pm till a cleaner comes in.

Bar Prices, inconsistent prices and lack of a "good" and "classic" cider, why only flavoured cider :(

The Ugly

That one team specifically sitting in row H1 to H6 seem unable to control themselves. Complaints where made to staff and also on discord so I am unsure why this information was not passed on, epic staff are normally really good a relaying information on. Everyone is loud and shouts which is expected but this group where even being told but other teams to shutup.

The catering - 30 minutes with no warning on a delay for getting a cheese panini :? and also being told I couldn't have a cheese only one until I complained that its less ingrediants and they can keep the extra for not putting in something else.... Last dig on this, maybe they should turn on the panini press machine or use timers so that each panini has its ingrediants melted. 

Edited by domuk

First EPIC lan and it was a success, we'll be back next year!

Shop was great and well stocked

Camping was mostly quiet

Breakfast was good, the 'Hot Dog' wasn't a hot dog, it was a small sausage left over from breakfast  

Takeout availability was great to make up for the shortfall in center catering

Hot water freely available

Beer was cold

The BAD

The only thing that annoyed me was the CSGO screamers...I really don't know how they managed to get such high pitched screams, or felt like that was a good way to celebrate? The problem is, screaming 'shit cunts' at each other (while funny for a time) was way over the top. Why don't you enforce a policy or respect and sportsmanship, we all know how toxic online gaming can be, yet we let it run free at a LAN without even trying to curb it.

I am all for some rivalry, banter etc but it was way over the top. if someone screamed that at me i'd have been likely to get up mid match and confront them. I wouldn't let someone say that to me while playing football or walking down the street, yet it seems acceptable here?

Edited by Hailoh

11 hours ago, Gumpster said:

If you feel aggrieved by it at LAN, there is always plenty of staff area's to go and let people know. I was sat in Fair Isle all weekend, and had no complaints about the noise levels, the only complaint we had was around the 404 Robot Butler which 404 were informed about and they made it quieter.

This is incredibly naive and somewhat short sighted.

This was my first epic, but around 13th/14th LAN and first I've only been to as a spectator for a day due to work commitments. CSGO 'shouting out' is perfectly fine in matches, this isn't the point. But to have the same players squealing like Pepper Pig being mounted from behind is ridiculous. The same players complained about Robot Butler, and it gets asked to turned down, yet the same complaint on Discord is made about CSGO squealers, which get's a reply from staff, doesn't get actioned.

What does it come to next time - people walking up to hyped up and pissed up CSGO squealers asking them to calm down, only to get a reaction? That's not what you expect from a LAN and is disappointing to be fair.

Staff should be moderating the floor, not being a reactive entity then not following up. The most welcoming response here would be "I have acknowledged, and we'll be on the look out for anyone going over the top in February" and not a straight out dismissal and pushing the blame game on Robot Butler entirely - doesn't drive trust in the Epic community. I appreciate GSGO is a massive draw to events, but you market this as a community event - don't be like iSeries Gumpster!

Anyway, for my first epic, here's my GBU!

Good:

Reech(?): didn't speak to this man, but he seemed to be in control of the most things, actually seemed to care, approachable, and seemed to action and ferry a lot of feedback - well done that man!

Security: watchful protectors, rather than being invasive. Good to see at any event, made to feel safe in a safe environment and not like walking CCTV.

Alcohol: i was only there for 12 hours on the Saturday, seemed to be okay - ran out of a few, but had a good selection otherwise.

Staff: nothing seemed too much trouble, good laugh and didn't seem to be above everyone else like some iSeries staff. Keep it up.

Bad:

Toilets in general

Ventilation / aircon

Food was limited

Ugly:

CSGO squealers - as mentioned above. Not asking you to ban them, but Epic should cut all noise complaints with the same knife.

Overall:

Solid event, and a good first impression for my first epic. Bought BYOC ticket for Feb, be like Reech and don't be a Gumpster.

Edited by Garner

14 hours ago, Webster86 said:

Didn't attend this LAN due to other commitments (will be attending in Feb!), however I was on my community's TS and the above mentioned team of eunuchs were making me want to throw my shoe at something. The obligatory chorus of "NICE BOYS!" is to be expected, but to hear someone revert to a squealing fetus (even over TS when I'm trying to communicate with some friends) every minute should be utilised as a method of torture.
Create a Sportsmanship & Respect policy for the tourneys with consequences to the entire team if a player acts out of line. Not hard. This is a huge issue creating aggression among attendees, whether they're in the same game or in the same room.

Hi folks,

Common thread of the shouting/noise/abuse seems to be coming through here and it's certainly not being dismissed, it's something we will discuss as a management team again. I'm all for shouting/noise/cheering/atmosphere, anyone who's been to a Dreamhack will get that, and of course it's one of the reasons people go to LAN rather than just play online, but if something's causing a lot of aggro then I do think there's a place to be having a word/warning people if it goes too far. 

We do actually have a code of conduct for the tournament players already, though I'm not sure they're the only ones that should be singled out. Perhaps we need to make this more prominent and remind team leaders of it - https://tournaments.epiclan.co.uk/conduct 

There were occasions where people were spoken to more seriously during the course of the weekend, especially when it came to certain levels of profanities and abuse, even to the point of me, the Event Manager, Esports Manager and security all being at one of those discussions, so please don't think these things are ignored.  

As a last word on that though, ultimately after the event it's hard for us to deal with. I appreciate some messages were put in Discord but it's hard for use to monitor everything throughout the weekend with so many sources of info coming our way. If something really is bothering you and you don't feel it is being resolved then come and speak to us during the event, if it's not being sorted in your particular room then come to the Event Office and talk to one of us, we put it on the maps for everyone to see and literally leave the door open so you can chat to us at any time. 

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, Gumpster said:

Loud is OK, shouting at the top of your voice all kinds of profanity is not.

To be fair I don't think any of us spoke to the staff about it and from what I can see in this thread you guys have taken the feedback onboard and are dealing.

Event was good apart from that!

1 person likes this

Good

- Security were good, very quick and friendly. I'm not a fan of security theatre seen at other LANs of checking badges and such. So appreciated this. (though a little sticker for my case to go with the others would of been a nice extra!)

- Fun / Casual tournaments were a nice touch, very well organised as well, big shout out to Gary. 

- Good to see a few exhibitors, a few more wouldnt go amiss either. (as long as it doesnt turn into Minecraft Con like other events...)

- New mouse pad is really nice quality and means I can finally retire my highly worn out MTG Pro Tour one I've been using for donkey years

- The price point of the event and hotel were both very good. £350 for 2 for everything; tickets, hotel and food. Tuck shop prices and range were very nice as well

- Onsite food was very good for the price. Pizza night was especially good, wait times could of been better, but I'm not going to cry about waiting 10 minutes for my dinner. - Though where was the local Chinese?! I couldnt see one on Just Eat and wanted some bad on Saturday night!!

- We built a scrapyard PC for a friend as a surprise, she was so confused when she got there and appreciated it so much. The GPU with only 1 fan overheated only once as well after over 12 hours of use, much better results that we thought! Also massive thank you to the people who helped us with the last few things for it. Such an amazing community! 

Bad

- Internet speeds and firewall settings left a lot to desire. Magic Online and SFV were some big ones to note, both were unplayable. PUBG also would only matchmake me to Asia, any other server would fail to find and eventually error out.

- On this note, streaming wasnt possible. First time goers to Epic so was not aware we had to request this before the event. Ticket was raised and was told it wasnt possible to upgrade the virtual 3down/1up connections for me and a friend. 

- Toilets could of been much better, not the worst I've seen at an event but soap should never run out...

- The robot butler... even when told by Epic to leave the sound off, it kept being tuned on. It started going off nonstop whilst I was playing round 1 of my SC2 Pools which was frustrating to say the least. But the guys telling my girlfriend to piss off and to tell the CS:GO guys to be quiet (who we wernt with) when she asked them to turn it off was pretty infuriating. 

- Management of the SC2 tournament was extremely lackluster, no players meeting, no communication, rules not being enforced. Have done a write up of this in my full feedback, but I wont be playing in another tournament.

Ugly

- CS:GO team next to us - ASCI I think - you guys are nice to talk to, but some of the biggest sore losers I've ever met! You guys had very poor in game communication other than screaming insults at each other

- The single seat on our row was actually a group of 3 young teenagers who arrived Saturday morning on 1 PC, made the area very cramped

- Smokers right outside the door, please next time have a enforced area away from the entrance.

- The lights still on in Fair Isle at night, the eye strain hit me hard Friday!

Overall me and my group will be back, likely with a few more people, we enjoyed the event and the venue a lot, (I long for the days of the Telford International Centre <3). Speaking to people at the event who've done Epic's before said feedback is very much acted upon gives me big hope to see the event take itself to the next level. 

44 minutes ago, Philinex said:

Bad

- Internet speeds and firewall settings left a lot to desire. Magic Online and SFV were some big ones to note, both were unplayable. PUBG also would only matchmake me to Asia, any other server would fail to find and eventually error out.

Oh thats a good point, pubg strugged hard in the comp room. We couldn't get a game going most of lan which was a shame. It was either super laggy or you got disconnected from the server midgame.

Edited by domuk

The Good:

• Reech. This guy is a god of patience and helpfulness. When he was playing the Smash tournament, I was secretly cheering him on instead of my friend. You only fell off the stage to make Ashman feel good.
  • The new security.
  • HL2DM. Throwing a recycling bin at someone then quipping "You're trash" never gets old.
  • Minecraft hunger games. Finding no weapons but punching someone into an inescapable area was worth it.
  • Eres un mago Harry

The bad:

• Missing the TF2 big game. We didn't get to have our single round of dominating the game before everyone gets fed up with '404 stacking'
  • The drinks and catering
  • The state of the showers

The Ugly:

• CS:GO screechers, especially the castrato squealing after every round. Shouting after a good play? That's fine. Shouting "You're fucking shit" at the other team every round? Not so much. More toxicity in those twats that the sludge passing through my bowels every LAN morning. It ruins the atmosphere for everyone and such bad sportsmanship should be moderated more strictly. At the end of the day they're just kids playing video games, they don't have diplomatic immunity. Turf them out if they act like little shits.

Ive already completed the email survey but thought id join in on here.

Good

Atmosphere was fab (aside from when the CS nobs were shouting)

Catering, the little I had was fine and priced ok

Bar was reasonably priced

Shop was well stocked

Local takeaway options great

Staff excellent

Price of attending

Camping spot on

Bad

Internet was awful really and was the only real let down on an otherwise fab weekend, you could really notice it in some games I played, hopefully this can be addressed for future lans

Showers need some love IMO, heads need cleaning/replacing or summat...

Ugly

CS players, seriously wtf guys, there were 2/3 people who stuck out and made you all look like utter morons

This was my first epic and definitely wont be my last, I've been going to Insomnia for years and this reminded me of the really good insomnia lans (Newbury and Telford) before the expo took over and I began to feel like I was just being milked for cash, I cant wait for my next visit, massive thanks to the whole epic team for a spot on weekend, just get the net connection sorted and it will be even better!

On 10/16/2017 at 16:46, Dukey said:
  • no ALES

I'm sorry.

2 people like this

Good

The temperature in the media area was nice and pleasant on a night this time and not around -5 like it normally is.

Tournaments ran OK.

Tuck shop had a good selection and once again cheaper than the local shops.

Security much improved.

Overall another good event.  The "good" far outweighs the "bad" but I won't list everything.

Bad

Food was lacking.  Lack of selection during the day and most options unavailable.  Looked very stressful in the kitchen as well.

Showers.  The half circle curtains are terrible and just get stuck to you if you bump into them.  Thurs / Friday were ok but by Saturday they were partially flooded and a mess.  I think a football team might have been in before so possibly unavoidable.

The weird robot.  What does it want.  Why is it there.  Make it stop.

Ugly

The shouting and screaming from CS doesn't really bother me, it's an essential part of the lan experience, but every lan it feels like a small group try and push it further and further to see what they can get away with.

It shouldn't be hard to tell what's in the spirit of the lan and competitive gaming (shit-talking your opponents is something to be encouraged, not cracked down on) and what actually makes the atmosphere worse by annoying the other attendees, even the ones who are also playing csgo.

What puts this into the Ugly section however was the repeated use of the N-word in the early hours of the morning, especially given the pre-lan drama.  I'm not sure who was doing it but it's definitely something I don't want to hear again and I'm surprised the staff didn't take more action at the time.

Trying to cast Saturday on less than four hours sleep.  Thank god for discovering the coffee machine.

Kettering as a whole.  Both the horrendous speedbumps and the town in general. 

On 17/10/2017 at 09:02, The_Joy said:

The Ugly

On to the elephant in the room. The CSGO screamtards.

I must admit Gump, your reply is incredibly naiive, denying that there is a problem because no one has said anything is unacceptable. People complained to you many times, or anyone else for that matter (just check the discord) about the robobutler. The number of times you spoke to us was once which was quickly brushed off as we turned the volume back up 15 minutes later.

A blatant lack of respect for members of staff? Nice one buddy. 

I will agree that there was one team taking it to a ridiculous level this lan, but overall it was no different to lans in the past- stay in lakeside.

Personally;

Good: Epiclan staff good as ever, always polite and helpful (special thanks to Reech for sorting out Just Dance for us and putting up with it for a few hours Thursday night)
I actually had no problems with the internet, compared to a few lans ago where we had to play the dota tournament in private lobbies it's a big success

Bad: Food seems to get worse everytime, which is a shame. Usually have 1 meal a day in house, after being served a cold burger with no toppings (as they had run out) on Friday I gave up with that.

That one csgo team as above
chairs constantly going missing, some people sat on two chairs (???)

Ugly: People's desks! How hard is it to clear them off once a day rather than leaving half eaten food all over the place

Great LAN and a always pleasure to be on the team running fun tournaments.

The Good

• Seeing friends. That's always a good thing (unless it's @DeeEmmSee)
  • Breakfast sausages were cooked better this time
  • Bodying @ChronoWolf at SF2, though no one needs to mention the SFIV that happened.
  • @reech did an amazing job as Community Manager before and during the event. Keep up the good work!
  • Overwatch 1v1 players turned up on Saturday morning for the Elimination Stage (unlucky @Dux0r)

The Bad

• Rhubarb cider tasted different than it did at previously LAN's. It was lacking the vanilla taste imo
  • Some people did not get bacon in their Epic burger
  • Losing at Mario Party and having to wear a penis hat

The Gumpster

• Racial slurs coming out from CSGO players. The shouting otherwise is fine (haters gonna hate)
  • The transcript of the CSGO chants going onto Discord. Was that necessary?
  • Some guy dressed as Rick from Rick and Morty came downstairs on Friday night and acted like a complete asshole towarsds @Blossy

Hi I'm Mr. Meeseeks, look at me!

Good
    • 404 paintball was great fun, and a good chance to dish out some punishment pre-lan. Hope this pre-event becomes a regular tradition
    • Getting the fast port to download the 2gb rocket league patch in mere minutes on the Thursday 
    • The weather was pretty outstanding for a weekend in mid October, helped with the setup and pack down as everything was dry!
    • Despite what others have said, I thought the toilet situation was better than previous epic lans. The toilets on first floor were always stocked with loo roll and usable. 
    • 404 feeding time is getting more and more of a well-oiled machine. Props to TJ and Dom for sorting the brunt of it. 
    • Thanks to the epic staff for putting up with our frivolities again, especially pub quiz and the Mr Meeseeks "directives"
    • Super smash tourney and Reech continuing the traditional stagediving that my opponents seem to love so much. Shame I couldn't carry it past the next stage
    • Big games, managed to join minecraft hunger games, HL2DM and TF2. All great fun! 
    • Centurion! :D

Bad
    • No cask beer til later on in the event, and it wasn't as decent as previous lans. Green King IPA is the Carling of ales, can we get something better for next time?
    • Internet speeds from Friday onwards took a nose dive
    • Didn't play that many games, party due to the weather and my own lack of sleep/age meaning my eyes were getting tired after a while 
    • Centurion...

Ugly
    • To add another teardrop to the flood of complaints, the csgo screeching is really getting old now. The robot butler as our deployed countermeasure was partly effective, but resulted in mass civilian casualties along the way (although I don't recall anyone who asked it to be turned down being told to "piss off". Ignored, sure.) It was legitimately hard to play multilayer games this lan as we couldn't even hear ourselves over teamspeak above the screaming, it was picking up on all our mics on the back row and we weren't even closest to them! As a result 404 will be regrouping in another location for next lan, but I think something needs to happen as has already been suggested. 
    • Centurion. Dr.Penor luckily found the bin in time

Edited by Ashman

7 hours ago, Barguul said:

A blatant lack of respect for members of staff? Nice one buddy. 

I will agree that there was one team taking it to a ridiculous level this lan, but overall it was no different to lans in the past- stay in lakeside.

Calm it down Lord Haw Haw, the Fuhrer is a grown up and i'm sure he can take fair criticism. If you do a good job then you get a pat on the back. Without knowing how you failed you can't improve.

Trust me, we didn't move up from Lakeside out of choice but the welcoming atmosphere from the Fairisle occupants has been noted.

Edited by The_Joy

If you could point out the "fair criticism" then great, all I saw was you explaining why it was your right to turn your stupid robot up again after being told to turn it down by a member of staff.

You ask them to do more about noise levels when it isn't you making the noise, then don't respect their authority when they make a decision on the same subject?

Grow up.