MRated

epic23 - Event Defrag

Hello Guys & Gals,

As we creep closer and closer to epic23, we need to start looking at the seating situation and getting the defrag planned ASAP so that everyone is in the know!

This is a major responsibility to shoulder with regards to the seating plan and how to keep everyone fairly happy. Last event we managed to make everyone fairly happy, however please understand that this is a tough thing to accomplish, we have larger groups which are odd numbers, and 1v1 type games in Fair Isle with the usual 5 man teams.

If you are a casual player and wanting atmosphere, we strongly urge you to go into Lakeside. Fair Isle is the competitive hall, and is treated as such for that reason, We won't force you to move of course, but it would be much appreciated if you were casual and wanted a smaller LAN feeling to sit in Lakeside.

Last couple of events what we did, was group all respective gaming communities and placed them in the appropriate parts of the hall, if you were a Dota team, you were down the Dota row, if you were CS:GO you were in the CS:GO rows, that same logic will continue for this event too as it makes it better for all players and admins involved.

Similarly, in Lakeside, we would group communities together as much as possible, whether that be back to back or full row. keeping spaces for other people to book up last min (as usual)

Here is the process for people in Lakeside

Clan Tags

Ensure these are up to date and matching with the rest of your community. This can be done on https://www.epiclan.co.uk/account
Seat Layout

We will do what we can to keep you in the same configuration as you are sat, but to fit in other people this may not always be the case, same with your particular location.

Here is the process that everyone will need to follow in Fair Isle/Portland.

Team Games - CS:GO/Dota2/Rocket League

Please make sure you have signed your team to your tournament, this will help me with any teams who need to stick together, and thus means I don't displace anyone in stupid areas. It is vitally important you do this step. If you haven't allocated your tickets for obvious reasons (line-ups incomplete) then please do so as soon as physically possible to help with signing your teams up.

Tournament Website

How To Allocate Your tickets Guide

Single Players - 1v1 Games SC2

I know there are a group of SC2 players who all like to be kept together. If you are part of the SC2 community and want to stick together, I will do all I can to facilitate that. If one or two of those members can contact us either through this thread or Support ticket then that would be much appreciated, just list the names of people who are in your group and that will help me keep you all together.

Large Groups in FI

There are a few groups in Fair Isle who are fairly sizeable, again please make sure that you either grab Gumpster here and/or support ticket with the names in your group and how specifically you want to be sat, that would be much appreciated

Looking to have some drafts in the next coming days and have a final plan ASAP.

Lakeside

Latest Draft 28/01/18

LRDQmx4MS2Se6owWDSbseA.png

Let me know what you think guys and girls!

• Like 2

@MRated

Secs is tehladz (its Jamie and his fiance Stacey).

He is also incapable of following instructions such as 'update your clan tag to tehladz'

Stayfreshshoe should have updated his and is also tehladz

You are correct in thinking Saboo is tehladz also.

Updated to here, only a few more anomalies. Will have a first draft up in the next day or so.

Fair Isle and Portland will be looked at once the halls start to fill.

Hello MRated, all of those TeamYanic ones are for the 4 tickets I purchased for myself and my 3 friends. I would be very grateful if you could place us next to one another. We did follow the instructions, all of my friends have updated their account and set their clan to "TeamYanic" (or so they have told me)

"Killersheep" you are welcome to join us if you're on your own!

Regards

Iain

Edited by yanic

I have purchased seats F1-G12 and F1-G13 (one is for a friend)

Do I simply turn up with him and we're good to go or is there something else I need to do?

Also I can only enter myself into our team once, therefore It will look like we have 4 players in the team when we actually have 5.

Could use some guidance.

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Tapole said:

I have purchased seats F1-G12 and F1-G13 (one is for a friend)

Do I simply turn up with him and we're good to go or is there something else I need to do?

Also I can only enter myself into our team once, therefore It will look like we have 4 players in the team when we actually have 5.

Could use some guidance.

Thanks 

I assume you have bought a ticket on behalf of said friend, there is a guide up in the original post on how to allocate said ticket to that friend (they will need an account on the epic.LAN website, otherwise they simply won't be able to access the internet or network at our event) and then that friend can sign up to the tournament you want to be entered in.

On 1/16/2018 at 21:21, yanic said:

Hello MRated, all of those TeamYanic ones are for the 4 tickets I purchased for myself and my 3 friends. I would be very grateful if you could place us next to one another. We did follow the instructions, all of my friends have updated their account and set their clan to "TeamYanic" (or so they have told me)

"Killersheep" you are welcome to join us if you're on your own!

Regards

Iain

i had a feeling you might want to be together :P

Also you may want to get those vouchers assigned when you can just to make life easier on the day of the event.

Updated the second post with the current draft.

Hey this is Magico Manager of Forged Force Gaming, SC2 team.

We would like if possible for all sc2 people to be sat together in the Portland room
People such as Ziroyx2 tickets, Fazedgg, Magico, Mythic, aicy wardi, risky 

If this could happen that would be fantastic. We do not want to be in fairisle with cs:go loudness.

Regards Magico

Hello,

The people from PL-K8 Too PL-K16 are all Rocket league players and we would like to be together/near each other if possible! To help these seats consist of the rocket league teams:

• Cantankerous (Distan, CDMagu, Rafro98)
  • toxictrio (Dhruby, Dhruvie, Faiz)
  • Barrage Esports (Cheekyladx3 ATM)

I have notified them to make clan tags for it to be easier for you however for most of the rocket league lads it is their first time so the use of the website isn't comfortable for them. Just trying to help out and keep the rocket league people together!.

Regards, Distan.

Edited by Distan
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Magico said:

Hey this is Magico Manager of Forged Force Gaming, SC2 team.

We would like if possible for all sc2 people to be sat together in the Portland room
People such as Ziroyx2 tickets, Fazedgg, Magico, Mythic, aicy wardi, risky 

If this could happen that would be fantastic. We do not want to be in fairisle with cs:go loudness.

Regards Magico

I've tried my best to accommodate that for now.

I've really started to begin my first draft of the epic23 Seating Plan.

Some things to be aware of from certain people, I go primarily by the Tournament System , so if you are not signed up on there, then please do so as soon as possible, this goes towards the Dota2 and Rocket League communities, as I seriously have little clue on who is who and who is on what team currently. Secondly I go by CLAN TAGS so if you haven't got one and you are sitting with friends, please set it. I am no mind reader and I want to avoid any potential issues.

So please the time to get this done is now, because we have a strict deadline on this.

• Like 1

New update for lakeside, a few big changes due to confirmations of things like specialeffect event and such. Its mainly the same and an update for the 3 mysterious places that will most likely get used for refills from cancellations or overflow from other halls.

Would it be possible for ComicSans to be on row H 10-7 instead of K please? If not its cool just thought it would be worth asking :)

Regards katie

• Like 1

So here is my first draft of Portland:

H2qfN7u.png

Please be aware, that I have one seat apparently free, that may well not be free by the time I finish. I have quite a few people unsat as a result of some minor changes and that I don't know whether said people are groups or in a tournament.

For the most part the majority of people won't be changing seats, however some have, like TQA have been moved off the back wall row because I had .nOT who were spread over 2 rows with a 5 and a 2, so moved them into the 7 seats whilst TQA moved into a row of 6. Thus eliminating a couple of random gaps. Please don't be offended when I make such changes, I do it so everyone as much as possible is kept together in a group.

For Starcraft2 players, you are currently dotted about for the minute, this is because I really didn't want to move people unless absolutely necessary and the fact that Portland is a smaller room, you are still relatively together. I may move you all onto the back wall where the 3 RL teams are, but I'd rather not resort to that unless absolutely needed.

I will share Fair Isle once I can adequately print screen the spreadsheet. :D 

• Like 2

Here is the Fair Isle redraft as promised:

JTvp3p0.png

Again bare in mind, this is the first draft, I am still waiting for certain people to either a) tag up properly or b ) sign up to the tournament system. The quicker that is done, the more idea on where to place people.

ALSO.... just because there are spaces doesn't mean those spaces are empty, there are still people unsat on the plan. I have tried to again keep people in their original seats and have only moved people if I absolutely needed to. Should be noted that #Tse guys grew shortly after starting this plan, so if anyone from them would like to clue me up on how they would like to be sat that would be great thanks!

Hopefully this helps. :)

• Like 2

On 1/22/2018 at 22:09, katiejjk said:

Would it be possible for ComicSans to be on row H 10-7 instead of K please? If not its cool just thought it would be worth asking :)

Regards katie

Will see what i can do :)

• Like 1

Magico here, Manager of Forged Force Gaming Starcraft 2 Team
Seen the de-frag for sc2 at the moment, and it it stated that we are dotted around in Portland, firstly thank you for situating us in this room :) 

If possible i would like to sit with my team players i manage. 
Ziroy x2, FazedGG, RazerBlader and Risky.

That would be very much appreciated if this could happen.

I am not sure who Voltacus even is but he is not part of the Forged Force Gaming Team

Kind Regards

Magico

3 hours ago, deathyy said:

Is team CF team TR? (F20 etc Fair Isle). We used to have our team name as CF so

Most likely. When you tagged up as CF first, I left you guys there. So if you have changed within the last couple of weeks, then that would be you :)

• Like 1

On 16/01/2018 at 11:05, Killersheep said:

My clan has abandoned me (non of them can make it) so I am a clan of 1 this LAN

Looks like you're joining us xx

• Like 1

Hi Gumpster,

Apologies, the tags are a little all over the place in our group!

Our group consists of the Tse guys & Team Craig Brand - and also Zu1u, Zazoo, and Gremmmmmlin. So if they could be on the same row as us that would be great. Also if we could stay back to back with each other as we are currently that would be perfect :)

Thanks very much!

Edited by Chump
  • Like 1

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter