Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic23 - Menu & Catering Feedback

Also for anyone with any special dietary requirements, if you aren't sure then speak to a member of the catering team and they'll happily talk you through ingredients and alternatives as needed. 

• Like 1

The chilli was spot on and staff were happy to swap rice for chips which is ace :D

The sausages had a soft, undercooked texture to them but after speaking to others it's because of the way the sausages are cooked.

All items on the breakfast menu otherwise were spot on.

Edited by imoneofthem

Breaking down the breakfast,

Good

Bacon: Not dry despite being in a VAT, was cooked and had a nice flavor

Beans: Good portion very hot

Mushrooms: again very hot and nice portion

Egg: Nice came out fresh, did have some bits where the white wasn't cooked well enough and was still see through gloop

Toast: Good color nice and fresh

Condiments: well stocked

Bad:

Hash Browns: Luke warm edging on cold. Would be better with less in the VAT and cooked more often fresh

Sausages: I had 2 sausages one was the last from the VAT, and one fresh from a new tray, both were luke warm, really put a downer on the good points on the meal. The texture and taste on the sausage was nice, I would just like it piping hot. 

The staff were lovely and I appreciate all the hard work you put in to giving us an overall good breakfast. it would be great to see an improvement on the bad points over the next few days. 

Edited by Inferno

Enjoyed breakfast no complaints from this end

"The Vegans" have been catered for well.  Staff checked what breakfast items were suitable and we had a nice breakfast of mushrooms, beans, toast and sausages made just for us.  The chef was nice enough to cook us a nice dinner of stuffed peppers with couscous, which was great. Very much appreciated!

• Like 3

Lasagne was good! Hot, nice cheese sauce and decent amount of filling between the layers. Garlic bread a little crusty but tasted great regardless.

Only complaint is I want more!

Breakfast was on point this morning, Sausages were piping hot, eggs fully cooked, couldn't fault it. Thank you very much. 

I had a mac dog and Rosie had a chilli dog and they were both lovely!

Had a cheese burger earlier and not only did the burger not get put into the bun properly by the person serving me (how did she miss?!) it was only luke warm even after a quick nuke in the microwave so definitely was very cold! Cheese also didn't get melted. Wasn't the best burger taste wise either but just about passable.

Maybe I'm too picky but I'm still yet to be impressed by the catering :( I only use it out of necessity.

So far I haven't outsourced or left the venue this event, catering much improved though I was less impressed with the burgers - pretty tastless to be honest.

Fajitas, Lasagna, Chilli Dog etc have all been fantastic and the staff have been spot on - thank you!

Staff have been really nice and helpful to me (As always!) and the food i've had has been good!

The Italian night pasta was very tasty and i'm a big fan of the french fries over chunky chips. 

• Like 1

Food was really well done this weekend. Staff have been great when I asked to swap some breakfast bits for toast instead. Food was nice and hot. (until I sat at my pc under the ac and it went cold in about a minute. Oops) 

Fries were really good and we got good portions. Only thing I would have liked more of was the pasta on friday.  

• Like 1

Yo I got some fries on Sunday when the menu's changed from Breakfast to Lunch, so they were fresh and such but it was pretty good. Fresh, crunchy, well portioned for £1.50. Great!

EDIT: Oh yeah, bonus props for KLV running Lo-salt as a condiment. The stuff is ace.

Edited by Narstyle
  • Like 1

Being one of "the vegans" we thought finding something to eat at LAN would be a struggle but the KCC staff were so helpful and accommodating to us. Our meals were yummy and I was very impressed with how the staff dealt with us. I've been to LAN's before where we were told we'd be catered for but the staff made us very aware we were an inconvenience, this wasn't the case at all at epic. Thanks guys for being so awesome :)

Also big thumbs up for the free fruit!

• Similar Content

• By Winbar
      We've been working closely with KCC who have been listening to your feedback from the last event survey and we can now announce the epic24 menu. 

Breakfast
      Served 8am-12noon
      Big Breakfast - £6 (or £16 if you pre-book all 3 days) - 2 bacon, 2 sausage, 1 egg, 2 hash browns, beans, mushroom, 2 slices of toast & cup of tea or coffee Small Breakfast - £5.00 - 1 bacon, 1 sausage, 1 egg, 1 hash brown, beans & a cup of tea or coffee Vegetarian breakfast available (as above with vegetarian sausage & extra egg) Bacon roll - £2.80  Sausage roll - £2.80  Egg roll - £2.50  Large Breakfast Roll - £3.50 (all of the above) Sweet Belgian Waffle with/without Bacon & Maple syrup - £3.00 - £2.50 Beans on Toast - £1.50  2 Slices of Toast with Butter & Marmalade - £1.00 Tea/coffee - £1.00 
        Lunch Menu
      Served 12.30pm - 4.00pm
      Bacon & cheese panini - £3.50 Tuna melt panini - £3.50 Cheese & sweet chilli panini - £3.00 
        Burgers, Wings & Sides
      Served 12.30pm - 9pm
      Beef burgers - £3.20 Pulled Pork Burgers - £3.70 Bacon & Cheese Burger - £4.00 Spicy Refried bean burger (V) - £3.20 Epic Burger - £5.50 - Double burger, double bacon & double cheese, until Jamie Oliver bans it... Chicken Wings (x7) - £5.00 - With Very Hot Sauce -  Onion Rings (x7) - £1.50 Fries - £1.50 Side Salad - £1.00
        Evening Meals
      Served 4pm - 9pm
      You can also purchase an evening meal voucher covering all 3 evenings for £13.50 (main meal option or up to £5 from burgers and sides)

Thursday Evening - Noodle Night
      Sweet & Sour Pork - £5.00 Salt & Chilli Chicken - £5.00 Quorn & mixed Vegetables - £4.00  Served with egg noodles, mixed vegetables & prawn crackers

Friday Evening - Curry Night
      Beef Rogan Josh - £5.00 Chicken korma - £5.00 Quorn Tikka - £5.00 Served with rice & naan bread

Saturday Evening - As part of epic.LAN's Festival Night
      Jerk Chicken Refried Bean Pitta bread,  chilli sour cream & cheese - £3.50             Braised Brisket Burrito, Rice, Tomato Salsa, Guacamole -£3.50 Falafel, Braised Red Cabbage Slaw, mixed Bean Wrap -£3.00 Rice salad, Potato salad, pasta salad, coleslaw, mixed leaf salad  - Choice of 2 - £1.50
        Bar Snacks
      Available from 9pm-close at the bar
      Chilli & Rice, Sour Cream, Guacamole & Melted Cheese - £4.50 Chilli & Nachos,  Jalapenos, Sour Cream, Guacamole & Melted Cheese - £4.50  Nachos, Jalapenos, Sour Cream, Guacamole & Melted Cheese - £3.50  Onion rings (x7) - £1.50 Fries - £1.50 Chicken wings (x7) - 5.00 6” Sausage Roll - £1.00   
      Special Dietary Requirements
      We had a few people asking last event about vegan options and other dietary requirements. The team at KCC is always happy to accommodate such requests, but it would be near impossible to print every possible option for every requirement, but don't assume that just because something isn't on the menu that there isn't anything for you. If you do have any particular dietary requirements, simply ask to speak to the chef at the catering area (usually Giles) and they will happily discuss your needs and try to work something out for you. It may take a little longer to prepare, but do just ask! 
    • By Thoma
      http://steamcommunity.com/id/mr_mccormick/

Probably gonna go to epic 23 wanna play in a team message me on steam if u wanna trail me 
    • By Kameo
      Any idea when we will get the first details of the menu for Epic22
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter