Sign in to follow this  
Elsie

Hotel Accomodation ... they've cottoned on. Boo!

I remember the days when I got 3 nights at Uttoxeter Travelodge for £27, £9 a night!

It appears that the hotel chains have cottoned on to epic.LAN dates as the prices are now getting stupidly high. For example, Travelodge (on the bloody by-pass) is £177 for 3 nights - the following week, Thur-Sat, it's £117.  In the same vein, Premier Inn is £214.50 LAN week, £174.50 the next week. Holiday Inn Express, £262 LAN week, £235 the next.

I'm too damn old to sleep at the venue or in a tent but these price hikes are starting to become annoying and prohibitive.

Pssst ... can you let us know the Feb 2019 dates before publishing them online? ;)

It's not just the epic.LAN dates doing it I'm afraid. 

If you take a look on the Kettering Borough Council website, because I have too much free time on my hands these days, you can see the planning applications for the hotel at KCC and as part of that, there's a demand study completed for hotels in Kettering as a whole. Basically the town doesn't have enough hotel rooms available for the demand during the week for business travel. So when we stay at the Holiday Inn Express for example, we may only take up say up to 5 rooms during build, but the whole hotel is fully booked for the night we're there. 

It's one of the reasons why we're still hopefully that the planning application will still go through after appeal, because the business case for it is so clear! 

• Like 1

might be worth trying here when i checked it was cheaper than all :):-

The Royal Hotel