reech

BIG GAMES and FUN TOURNAMENTS at epic24

So we're doing something a little bit different at epic24.  We'll still have the schedueld big games, but we've not put as many on, plus we'll be inviting you to take part in score-and-survive challenges (both at your PC and in the console area) to see who can proclaim themselves LANchamps. Or a title that isn't quite as twee as that, at any rate.

The timetable will be added on nearer the event's start, but for now, this is what you can look forward to:

PUBG (We have access to a custom server with a variety of modes; squads, solos, zombies...)

Minecraft Hunger Games (Java Edition)

Blur

Golf with Your Friends \ Golf It!

TF2

ETS2 Early Morning Trucking Hour (using Truckers MP)

Overwatch

Quiplash \ Jackbox Games (in the Gallery, midnight following pub quiz)

Darwin Project

Remember - these aren't the only games you can play at LAN, and are by no means the only ones we're running; these are designed to get as many people as possible playing together; you can advertise for players for other games on community timetable, or ask the events team in Lakeside to gather people for other games.  Be ready for reech to wander round and ask what you're playing, and why everyone else should be playing it too...

In addition, we'll be hosting the following fun tournaments - information will be added at least 2 weeks before the event so you can sign up on the tournament site, to guarantee your place.  (As always - if you're in a prize tournament and haven't been knocked out, you should not sign up to a fun tournament. Check with reech or Freddie W at the event if you have any queries.)

Hearthstone

PUBG Squad

Mario Kart (Switch)

Factorio Scenario

Streetfighter 30th Anniversary (SFIII: 3rd Strike)

Arms

Keep checking back on this page and on the facebook\twitter feeds as we'll release more information as signups become available.

• Like 3

Puh-leaze can we have a Trackmania server running some of the stadium tracks with a 5 min time limit?

• Like 1

I've a feeling there's an issue with the dedicated server these days which is one of the reasons we've not left one up before, @Dunceantix?

32 minutes ago, Winbar said:

I've a feeling there's an issue with the dedicated server these days which is one of the reasons we've not left one up before, @Dunceantix?

They made a change to who was allowed to run the servers. (You had to pay if I remember correctly) I’ll check again and see if we can still run them or not :) 

• Like 1

On 5/7/2018 at 14:01, reech said:

PUBG (We have access to a custom server with a variety of modes; squads, solos, zombies...)

Hmmm, want some non-standard game modes to play? I have a bunch of game modes that I do with a few others over at the PUBG Subreddit Discord channel. Happy to share/do some with ya'll! :wink:

(e.g. Normal game but circle isn't known. Mad Max Furygrounds, King Of The Hill...)

• Like 2

That'd be great, Dan - I've been going through the user guide in advance of testing server before event, but any suggestions for combining sessions and putting some 'this is what you do' notes togehter will be appreciated - shout me on discord!

Maybe someone at LAN can teach me how to play Pub bloody G. I get rifles and shotgun shells or 9mm bullets and a shotgun. I've never actually fired a shot in the game!

Posted (edited)

the secret is to collect all the 9mm ammo in the map, I mean properly fill your bag up with it, then the guy who kills you will have loads of ammo he doesn't need (I have a not so secret problem of collecting ALL the ammo I see)

Edited by mcmidjit
  • Like 1