Dukey

Epic 24 - Good, bad UGLY

now the dust has settled and sound thinking has returned it time for old faithful to breath its casting breath on summer Lan. 

The Good.

• staff were awesome and friendly as per usual, i can't remember even casting a negative thought about any of them, old or new this event. 
  • 404 behaviour being overall very good.
  • clean and tidy event hall.
  • GT racing turning up and doing a good job as exhibitors, looking like they were having fun too. i want to see more of this please. more exhibitors
  • pub quiz had a good mix of questions, though i actually didn't answer 1 on my own.
  • quieter event in terms of the cs:go scream boy, only one screeee made me jump this time. 
  • toilets all had loo roll.
  • security had a largely hands off approach which i prefer
  • the figure skating championship had me captivated at one point.
  • the venue didn't have too many other things going off that weekend
  • the food again looked good but i never tried it.

The Bad

• i didn't get much time to enjoy it, with work and what not
  • i should have done more of the community events. my bad there
  • i should have suggested wreckfest as a big game before hand, maybe next time
  • the Bar running out of Ales pretty quickly 
  • little tub of ice cream for £2 should have been a little cheaper maybe a mr whippy would be nicer in future
  • the heat in fairisle was unbearable at some points on the friday/saturday i was sat there simply sweating
  • showers need a look at because they turn off as soon as you hit the button, also they need the hair cleaning out of the drains regularly 

The Ugly

• Suitcases being left in the middle of the isles. i don't blame you for bringing them, but don't leave them in the hall way for people to fall over all the time. i will admit i tripped numerous times and as a result a number of bags went flying as a result of my anger.

The Good

• very fun
  • the summer festival thing was ace
  • first nights food was top tier
  • the girl who hosted werewolves, that game was toptier

The bad

• the cheese and bacon panini, ogod that thing was awful
  • FI was toasty, and i forgot my fan and didnt want to spend £12 to just opted to slowly die in my seat
  • csgo scream bouys were loud af, espically when they are infront and behind you :((((((

The Ugly

• me after a couple of drinks, i am sorry, i am world number 1 light weight

The Good

1. Getting involved in more of the fun tournaments.

2. Winning the arms tournament

3. Being able to play Mafia de Cuba, I don't often get to pull out the big games

4. WAH!

5. Getting to see my clan-mates again, It's always a blast.

6. Actually playing a street fighter tournament even if I did get bodied, time to get my Twelve practice in

7. Temps were great most of the time

8. Let it go on request, come at me.

9. My flashy new keyboard and mouse!

The Bad

1. Me at Streetfighter 3s, but I'll make a come back

2. Gary come at me you blanka scrub!

3. Wah!

4. Me after many pints... Oh dear

The Ugly

Really the only thing I could think of and it's barely even an ugly so take it with a pinch of salt. The chairs being left out in hard to see areas, this could have been handled by me taking a bit more care so again, pinch of salt.

And lastly again, it's lan so pinch of salt. Constant over the top shouting with slamming of desks, again don't come to lan and NOT expect it. so this isn't really a complaint but had to put something.

24 minutes ago, deathyy said:

the girl who hosted werewolves

that would be crabbie

GOOD

event and venue staff

chicken wings (nice sauce :))

breakfast

minceraft

pubg (i didnt kill anyone :()

BAD

missing all the werewolves

GUMPSTER