MRated

epic25 - Event Defrag

Hello Guys & Gals,

As we creep closer and closer to epic25, we need to start looking at the seating situation and getting the defrag planned ASAP so that everyone is in the know!

This is a major responsibility to shoulder with regards to the seating plan and how to keep everyone fairly happy. Last event we managed to make everyone fairly happy, however please understand that this is a tough thing to accomplish, we have larger groups which are odd numbers, and 1v1 type games in Fair Isle with the usual 5 man teams.

If you are a casual player and wanting atmosphere, we strongly urge you to go into Lakeside. Fair Isle is the competitive hall, and is treated as such for that reason, We won't force you to move of course, but it would be much appreciated if you were casual and wanted a smaller LAN feeling to sit in Lakeside.

Last couple of events what we did, was group all respective gaming communities and placed them in the appropriate parts of the hall, if you were a Dota team, you were down the Dota row, if you were CS:GO you were in the CS:GO rows, that same logic will continue for this event too as it makes it better for all players and admins involved.

Similarly, in Lakeside, we would group communities together as much as possible, whether that be back to back or full row. keeping spaces for other people to book up last min (as usual)

Here is the process for people in Lakeside

Clan Tags

Ensure these are up to date and matching with the rest of your community. This can be done on https://www.epiclan.co.uk/account
Seat Layout

We will do what we can to keep you in the same configuration as you are sat, but to fit in other people this may not always be the case, same with your particular location.

Here is the process that everyone will need to follow in Fair Isle/Portland.

Team Games - CS:GO/Dota2/Rocket League

Please make sure you have signed your team to your tournament, this will help me with any teams who need to stick together, and thus means I don't displace anyone in stupid areas. It is vitally important you do this step. If you haven't allocated your tickets for obvious reasons (line-ups incomplete) then please do so as soon as physically possible to help with signing your teams up.

Tournament Website

How To Allocate Your tickets Guide

Single Players - 1v1 Games SC2

I know there are a group of SC2 players who all like to be kept together. If you are part of the SC2 community and want to stick together, I will do all I can to facilitate that. If one or two of those members can contact us either through this thread or Support ticket then that would be much appreciated, just list the names of people who are in your group and that will help me keep you all together.

Large Groups in FI

There are a few groups in Fair Isle who are fairly sizeable, again please make sure that you either grab Gumpster here and/or support ticket with the names in your group and how specifically you want to be sat, that would be much appreciated

• Like 1

Also, this is going to be emailed to everyone signed up in the next day or two as well so it's not just here. 

Will do vouchers ASAP :) Is there any chance of splitting the guys on row F, and having 6 on F and 6 on E?

Now that i see there's a lot of big groups that might not be as possible as we hoped, worth a shot :) 

Cheers

• Like 1

Potentially, I could move @Cools back to the end of a row (F instead of D) and then you can have a group of 5 on E. That would probably the best i could do.

Also a reminder, use the thread rather than PM's to discuss seating, so its all in the open

Comic sans - possible to be near the wall?

dejavu - possible to be near the wall?

Hello Guys & Gals,

In terms of Portland & Fair Isle de-frags. Please be aware these are logistically a nightmare to do for me, but I will try my hardest to keep people in the seats they originally picked. However, if I feel I have little choice, or I get numerous seating requests put in, then I may have to move people to get everything sorted as best as I can.

I can already feel that Fair Isle will be very difficult this time round so if all teams, and groups can tag up or sign themselves up to a tournament then that would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gumpster

If its possible can Comicsans be on H, F, D in seats 10,9,8. We like being on the end by the wall. We did pick Row D but if we can be on any by the wall that would be appreciated. We would also prefer to be facing the entrance to lakeside and not facing away from it. 

Thanks, 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, katiejjk said:

If its possible can Comicsans be on H, F, D in seats 10,9,8. We like being on the end by the wall. We did pick Row D but if we can be on any by the wall that would be appreciated. We would also prefer to be facing the entrance to lakeside and not facing away from it. 

Thanks, 

Just made an update if you want to check that is okay. @katiejjk

Same for @Kameo

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Velyks2 said:

Hi MRated,

Would it be possible to have 6 irccabal seats on B and 2 irccabal seats on C? Maybe swap B1 and B2 with C3 and C4.

Thanks!

Should be directed at me :P but I can do.

Just now, Gumpster said:

Should be directed at me :P but I can do.

Sorry! I saw the preview under his post. Thanks a ton Gumpster.

31 minutes ago, CyberDrac said:

Portland D4 D5 swap if possible to bring my fellow LlamaLANer DrFesty next door to me in D6?

Done. When I have more changes for Portland I will update the image above ;)

• Like 1

Hi!

Lunus is part of Lemonade, have asked him to tag up. Thermidor isn't.

I've also asked Vinny to assign his other ticket out.

Are you able to arrange Lemonade like the following please?

J

image.png.84722caff782f08eeda2299bdd41f7c6.png

Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DWG-Inertia said:

This looks good for DwG. Thanks for sorting MRated I understand it's not a fun job trying to keep everyone happy. :?

I think you want to be thanking @Gumpster for fair isle buddy ;)

@Gumpster Can you seat, genetics, parkinsons and pints, and "1.2 3/8 A/C 9670090880 aircon flex pipe" CSGO teams with each other in fair isle please :-D

Edited by cryptid