Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Winbar

epic26 - Venue Updates

Cross-posted from our Facebook Community (you should give that a follow, as the forums get quieter, more of our community posts are heading that way now). 

Morning Everyone, 

We had quite a lengthy meeting with the venue yesterday and have a few updates for everyone on how various layout things will work, here's what we have so far:

ENTRANCE - We wont be using the usual entrance in to the building, we'll be using the sports entrance (see photos below). Once in to the sports corridor you'll simply turn left for the Arena and right for Lakeside, all on the ground floor. This gives us a single point of entry in to the building which makes things much easier to manage from a security point of view.

EARLY ARRIVALS - The sports entrance has a small bar and we'll be using the Boathouse room as a waiting area for people who arrive before 4pm on the Thursday. As usual we will pre-check-in during this time to minimise queues on entry to get as many of you wristbanded up as possible.

BAR - The main bar will be in the Arena area next to the catering (the seating plan image will be updated shortly to reflect this), rows J&K will be taken out. This means that the bar and catering staff can work together to manage queues on either side and share tills, card machines etc to give a more efficient service. The Sports Bar will also be open during its licensed hours (tbc) so you can grab a drink (inc tea/coffee) on the way in to the hall and to take the pressure off the main bar at peak times. The main bar will have a range of draught, cask, bottles and spirits. Some of the draught on the main bar will be limited but products not available on the main bar will be available on draught in the Sports Bar.

CATERING - Will be in the main hall as on the current seating plan. The venue will be improving the kit used to hold hot food (moving away from the current chafing dishes) and increasing the range of meal options for both lunch and dinner, full menu coming next week. Usual meal vouchers to go on sale shortly.

GYM - As last time a 4 day gym pass will be on sale at £20 for those who want to do healthy things during the event, numbers will be limited.

SLEEPING AREAS - Dedicated indoor sleeping rooms will be Boathouse (ground floor) and Portland (first floor), usual rules around sleeping in the main halls as long as it's safe to do so and rows/exits are kept clear.

CAMPING - The hotel building works have not commenced so camping will be available and access will be from the sports side of the building. I'm currently evaluating security before confirming if there will be a small charge for camping due to the higher numbers, I'll have this confirmed by the end of the week. June is still up in the air for camping due to the planned building works. (14/1 Update - Camping will be free for the event, however if there are any behaviour issues around the camping area or entrance, future camping will all be charged). 

TOILETS - Toilets will be available by Lakeside, Arena Changing Rooms and First Floor by Portland. They are having a deep clean and refresh before the event.

SOUND - It is a big open hall, so there will be sound travelling around the room, we can't stop that and we want to keep it as a LAN party atmosphere and not too sterile. The main hall will be draped all the way around with curtains and the floor will be carpeted. We're also working on costs for a large heavy surge drape to try to absorb some more of the sound.

We've been working closely with our content team on the stage programme to ensure that it's balanced for the room and we're still looking at PA systems around the size of the previous Gallery room rather than something from a huge gig!

More to follow over the coming weeks, but hopefully that starts to give you an idea how it's all going to work!

IMG_4399.JPG

IMG_4397.JPG

• Like 1

Further Camping Update

As we clarified in the post last week, camping will be available for epic26 and will be accessed by turning left out of the sports entrance and following the outside of the building around to the usual camping area.

In general we are increasing security numbers for epic26 which comes at a cost of thousands of pounds already, these will be generally deployed around the event.

One of the concerns discussed around the camping area with the venue is general behaviour and littering in that area. So we've honoured the free camping for February as originally advertised, however if we do find that the area is not respected, we will have no choice but to introduce permanent security on the camping area for all future events and pass that cost on directly to the campers as we do for the summer event already where we increase security in general due to the higher numbers staying on site compared to the winter events.

There is still a strong possibility that camping space will be heavily reduced for the June event due to the building works that will be taking place for the new on-site hotel. We will continue to liaise with the venue over the plans for the site compound for the building site, obviously a small inconvenience for the benefit of having the hotel right outside the main entrance in the future once completed.

Awesome news. Thanks for the update @Winbar! The effort going into this is incredible and it sounds like it's all coming into fruition.

Cannot wait for this RL tournament!

iCoN

Noting that 3 day breakfast is an in-advance item

I would be very happy to see the same for 3 day dinner also, takes all the hassle from doing it on-site and when checking in and just grab the vouchers

Next time maybe?

We normally do evening meal vouchers too and hope to do so this time, we're just waiting on the food pricing and menu back from the venue so we can price those up. 

Boathouse will be right by the entrance we're using for the event on the sports side. 

If people are waiting in Boathouse before 4pm, which is also the sleeping area, will you allow people to setup their bed before 4pm or will they need to wait? I imagine it will be harder to enforce waiting...

Won’t be able to set up indoor sleeping in either room until 4pm, besides, if people are standing in there with drinks, I’m sure people won’t want beer on their sleeping bags!

• Like 1

On 14/01/2019 at 09:35, Winbar said:

GYM - As last time a 4 day gym pass will be on sale at £20 for those who want to do healthy things during the event, numbers will be limited.

Gym pass you say... what are opening and closing times?

MON    6:00am – 10:00pm
TUES    6:00am – 10:00pm
WED    6:00am – 10:00pm
THURS    6:00am – 10:00pm
FRI    6:00am – 9:00pm
SAT    8.00am – 07.00pm
SUN    8.00am – 07.00pm

On 17/01/2019 at 17:13, Winbar said:

Won’t be able to set up indoor sleeping in either room until 4pm, besides, if people are standing in there with drinks, I’m sure people won’t want beer on their sleeping bags!

Not the first, or the last, time I will have poured beer on myself when sleeping

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter