MRated

epic26 - Event Defrag

Hello Guys & Gals,

As you may, or may not have seen, this is now officially THE BIGGEST epic.LAN EVER! With that said, it makes the defrag even more difficult to pull off. However, we are going to stick with the status quo and get this sorted for you within the next couple of weeks.

This is a major responsibility to shoulder with regards to the seating plan and how to keep everyone fairly happy. In previous events, we have accomplished of keeping the majority of people happy with this, however please understand that this is a tough thing to accomplish. We have people attending on their own, all the way up to groups of 10+. We will be reaching out as much as possible to organise this the best we can. The logistics of this is very time consuming and takes a lot of work by ourselves. We are happy to discuss alternatives and as much as we want everyone to be 100% happy, their may need to be some compromises and I would ask that you work with us to come to such agreements if needed.

As a final further point. We will not tolerate any sort of toxicity within this thread or anywhere on these forums or any other public forum (social media, discord etc.) Please respect both ourselves and each other throughout this process. We don't do this for our own benefit, we do this to make sure everyone has a... EPIC LAN!

Here are some vital things to follow

Clan Tags

Ensure these are up to date and matching with the rest of your community. This can be done on https://www.epiclan.co.uk/account

Seat Layout

We will do what we can to keep you in the same configuration as you are sat, but to fit in other people this may not always be the case, same with your particular location.

Team Games - CS:GO/R6S/Rocket League

Please make sure you have signed your team to your tournament, this will help me with any teams who need to stick together, and thus means I don't displace anyone in stupid areas. It is vitally important you do this step. If you haven't allocated your tickets for obvious reasons (line-ups incomplete) then please do so as soon as physically possible to help with signing your teams up.

Tournament Website

How To Allocate Your tickets Guide

Single Players - 1v1 Games SC2

I know there are a group of SC2 players who all like to be kept together. If you are part of the SC2 community and want to stick together, we will do all we can to facilitate that. If one or two of those members can contact us either through this thread or Support ticket then that would be much appreciated, just list the names of people who are in your group and that will help me keep you all together.

Large Groups

There are a few groups across the LAN who are fairly sizeable, again please make sure that you either grab @Gumpster / @MRated on here. If we keep all communication about the defrag in this post, it will help us out massively rather than coming to DM's / PM's and @ messages everywhere! Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lakeside

25/01/19 - DRAFT #3

image.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Arena

23/01/19 - DRAFT #2

Click Here for spreadsheet

As screenshots would be too complicated to break down the arena into, here is a copy of our actual spreadsheet we use for defragging. Any issues please notify us as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, left-one said:

leave deja vu on the same table idealy A9-10

thanks

Should be fine

1 hour ago, cryptid said:

Hey could the team's in the csgo tournament "B1C BOIS" "Ben Price" and "Madeeka.fe" all be sat near each other please @Gumpster

Noted

If possible can there be one seat spare next to Insight as our 5th hasnt got his ticket yet :)

35 minutes ago, Dxrb said:

If possible can there be one seat spare next to Insight as our 5th hasnt got his ticket yet :)

They would need to purchase a ticket ASAP. We are expecting a sellout very soon so we cant guarantee a spot. Also did you mean to say 6th? as you already have 5 tickets assigned to your squad?

As per the draft I did out of boredom our other team members knine and samuraipxi need to be sat with the rest of uwotm9. We'd prefer to stay where the bulk of us are on the first row.

• Like 1

@MRatedPlease push all of 404 together on the back row K and the remaining on row J at either of the ends of the row.

39 minutes ago, andywhy said:

As per the draft I did out of boredom our other team members knine and samuraipxi need to be sat with the rest of uwotm9. We'd prefer to stay where the bulk of us are on the first row.

Already sorted on my draft

• Like 1

As a little aside to the detail above too, this is about to get emailed out to everyone too for those who don't check the forums/social media. 

Hiya, most of us SC2 peeps are wanting to be kept together as a whole. We would like to be in the bottom left SC2/RL/Casual section (the one facing the stage), preferably closest to that corner of the arena as possible, we wish not to be near the R6 and CSGO areas you see.

Here are the relevant people that all want to be in the SC2 area together:
FoFoG - Fazedgg, Savage, Wok, Arcair, Phoenix, Emtee, Prospect, Gamerrichy, Magico, Ziroy, Bellator, Aster, Exolightning, Chelch, Fluffy, Iamgrunt, Bilborcado, Weskimo, Floaffy

Individuals - Gleepower, Voltacus, Razerblader

TSI - Cladorhiza, Mythic, Sugartits, Wardi, Risky, Seb, Figaro, Aicy, Grimmzy

If you could keep us all together in our teams and in this order (at least for the teams), but also have us together so we're one big SC2 collective then that'd be great.

Thanks so much

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MRated said:

They would need to purchase a ticket ASAP. We are expecting a sellout very soon so we cant guarantee a spot. Also did you mean to say 6th? as you already have 5 tickets assigned to your squad?

Sorry, SLM isnt in our clan so if that space can be moved and have Jesse sat in his place

• Like 1

#perryparty rep dropping in, we're cool with draft #1 for Lakeside. Appreciating the kept end seat for Narstyle too. Cheers!

• Like 1

Hey @Gumpster / @MRated  et al. Appreciate the job you guys are doing here... I know it cannot be easy. 

If possible, ideally we would love to sit back to back from each other, so that we can spin around to see each other's screens. There are 9 in my group, all of us were at the last LAN and are frequent attendees (Everyone is booked with my account, so you can see our entire group as "GrandmasterSmash").

We are a group of casual gamers with no real allegiance to any particular game, so we would prefer to be sitting with people similar to this rather than big groups of specific game playing people if poss. Usually we have been in Lakeside, before this new event/arena space was announced.

Good luck with the defrag guys!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GrandmasterSmash said:

Hey @Gumpster / @MRated  et al. Appreciate the job you guys are doing here... I know it cannot be easy. 

If possible, ideally we would love to sit back to back from each other, so that we can spin around to see each other's screens. There are 9 in my group, all of us were at the last LAN and are frequent attendees (Everyone is booked with my account, so you can see our entire group as "GrandmasterSmash").

We are a group of casual gamers with no real allegiance to any particular game, so we would prefer to be sitting with people similar to this rather than big groups of specific game playing people if poss. Usually we have been in Lakeside, before this new event/arena space was announced.

Good luck with the defrag guys!

Hey bud, I could potentially fit you in Lakeside in a back to back if you would like to go in their instead?

Original post above is updated for people to view. Bare in mind it is a COPY of our spreadsheet, and is only DRAFT #1.

The Seating Plan will be locked on February 2nd and there will be no further changes made to it after

Sunday 3rd February

to allow for people to know where they are sat.

So any further changes need to be thrown at us over this week, although everyone has till February 1st to submit their requests.

For SC2 there are 10 of us that are now split across two rows while we would much rather sit in the same row, basically everyone sat in H3-H10 would want to remain together as well as Grimzzy and Razerblader. On the draft in row E at the moment there is Razerblader (A06 seat) as well as the current H7-10 seats (Aicy, Cladorhiza, RiSky, Seb), if you moved those guys to join the TSI on Row G you could move the FOFOG players to row E and I think all would be happy (and the empty seat Grimzzy can fill, I dont know where he is on the draft at the moment)

Hi,

As Wardi has mentioned the TSI guys have been slightly split and we have a few players that have gone Awol. I've attached a screenshot of what would be ideal for us and have included a few of the missing players.

Thanks.

epiclansc2.JPG

Hi there,

Pina-Colada would ideally like to be sat back-to-back as we are currently on the live seating plan, but if we have to go along one single row then it is no biggie.

Thanks

Hi,

Could you keep Demise, IGI and the 10 CeX (Revilo) tickets all together? Ideally how we are right now on the seating plan in that fashion. (Upsidedown T)

Thank you in advance. 

2 hours ago, ArcherAce said:

Hi, on the defrag draft 1 my team atmoz e Team have seats L28, L29, L30 then have Q23 and X23 so does that mean we're not in a row of 5

https://gyazo.com/4698853a4d9c1870b5d5088dded9a015

No that is our point of reference as to where you are on the seating plan currently. The draft rows are where you will be sat. Use the Row header as a point of reference as where you will expected to be.

13 hours ago, MRated said:

Hey bud, I could potentially fit you in Lakeside in a back to back if you would like to go in their instead?

Hey mate, this is fine, especially if it helps you to move the SC2 guys together.

Hi, We have a late signup for SC2 that would like to sit with us, Marsbar currently sat in AR-H1. If he could be included with the group, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Savage said:

Hi, We have a late signup for SC2 that would like to sit with us, Marsbar currently sat in AR-H1. If he could be included with the group, that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

He was included in the original draft as being sat with the SC2 community. He is also included on the second draft (which one of the SC2 guys did on our behalf).