Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

MRated

epic26 - Event Defrag

@Gumpster / @MRated

Not sure if there is a draft 2 sheet available, but, you could shunt down KOTTB down three C08-C04 -> C05-C01 and push up OMGN by three, then the four seats behind the newly allocated KOTTB can then take over by the opposite KOTTB members in that slot of four neatly?

So it's something like this:

A B   C D
PINA COLADA F03 DWG B10   NIGEL E08 MGS E10
PINA COLADA F02 DWG B9   NIGEL E07 MGS E9
PINA COLADA E04 DWG B08   OMGN C03    
PINA COLADA E03 DWG B07   OMGN C02    
PINA COLADA E02 DWG C10   OMGN C01    
PINA COLADA E01 DWG C9   KOTTB C08    
PINA COLADA D04 KOTTB D08   KOTTB C07    
PINA COLADA D03 KOTTB D07   KOTTB C06    
PINA COLADA D02 KOTTB D06   KOTTB C02    
PINA COLADA D01 KOTTB D05   KOTTB C01    

So unless DWG / PINA COLADA have more members awaiting?

This solved my group's problem (KOTTB) of being sat together and whilst being in the arena as well there's a bigger row of seats free for another group?

Of course this is based on draft 1

59 minutes ago, Virdues said:

@Gumpster / @MRated

Not sure if there is a draft 2 sheet available, but, you could shunt down KOTTB down three C08-C04 -> C05-C01 and push up OMGN by three, then the four seats behind the newly allocated KOTTB can then take over by the opposite KOTTB members in that slot of four neatly?

So it's something like this:

A B   C D
PINA COLADA F03 DWG B10   NIGEL E08 MGS E10
PINA COLADA F02 DWG B9   NIGEL E07 MGS E9
PINA COLADA E04 DWG B08   OMGN C03    
PINA COLADA E03 DWG B07   OMGN C02    
PINA COLADA E02 DWG C10   OMGN C01    
PINA COLADA E01 DWG C9   KOTTB C08    
PINA COLADA D04 KOTTB D08   KOTTB C07    
PINA COLADA D03 KOTTB D07   KOTTB C06    
PINA COLADA D02 KOTTB D06   KOTTB C02    
PINA COLADA D01 KOTTB D05   KOTTB C01    

So unless DWG / PINA COLADA have more members awaiting?

This solved my group's problem (KOTTB) of being sat together and whilst being in the arena as well there's a bigger row of seats free for another group?

Of course this is based on draft 1

I took care of it today, so managed to fit everyone in as they wanted (Pina Colada back to back & KOTTB kept as they were albeit shoved up a little with everyone filling in as they were).

I'll update the sheet with Draft 2 tomorrow when I'm home from work as I'm making a few minor adjustments to it tonight.

On 1/20/2019 at 18:23, Gumpster said:

Arena

23/01/19 - DRAFT #2

Click Here for spreadsheet

As screenshots would be too complicated to break down the arena into, here is a copy of our actual spreadsheet we use for defragging. Any issues please notify us as soon as possible.

Draft #2 is now live. Although I've noticed a few issues due to a few people tagging themselves, those issues have been rectified for draft 3. Any issues please let me know but any changes asked for have been actioned.

14 minutes ago, Gumpster said:

Draft #2 is now live. Although I've noticed a few issues due to a few people tagging themselves, those issues have been rectified for draft 3. Any issues please let me know but any changes asked for have been actioned.

Hi @Gumpster. Would be good if the KOTTB lot could be back-to-back as opposed to face-to-face. Similar to how you have the PinaColada chaps. Maybe switcheroo half our chaps with the TSI guys?

2 hours ago, GrandmasterSmash said:

Hi @Gumpster. Would be good if the KOTTB lot could be back-to-back as opposed to face-to-face. Similar to how you have the PinaColada chaps. Maybe switcheroo half our chaps with the TSI guys?

All I did was move you up 1 seat on each aisle, so this is pretty much how you sat yourselves in the first place, but I can look at accommodating if you wish?

Hi,

Draft 2 looks good for SC2. We need a couple changes, Marsbar (Team: TAW) (currently sat in AR-H1) I can't see him on the plan, can he replace Ace_X_fusion (not sure who he is)?

Also a minor thing, Grimmzy who is sat in AA08 is down on the plan as his team being Blackout, its actually TSI. It probably makes no difference but just wanted to check.

Thanks for sorting us SC2 nerds out.

3 minutes ago, Savage said:

Hi,

Draft 2 looks good for SC2. We need a couple changes, Marsbar (Team: TAW) (currently sat in AR-H1) I can't see him on the plan, can he replace Ace_X_fusion (not sure who he is)?

Also a minor thing, Grimmzy who is sat in AA08 is down on the plan as his team being Blackout, its actually TSI. It probably makes no difference but just wanted to check.

Thanks for sorting us SC2 nerds out.

Grimmzy was listed in the crew of Blackout we got from Brady, makes no difference as we know where he is sitting currently to move. Strangely in draft 1 I had Marsbar accounted for, he's been lost somewhere. I'll place him back in.

22 minutes ago, senoJ said:

@Gumpster can the bic boys be moved back next to bprice please, like in draft 1

You guys need to get your stories straight. Hayden requested to be moved away from the Madeeka crew. I honoured that request, so I would suggest speaking to Hayden and then coming back to me officially on what you actually want, because I can't keep yoyo'ing you folks around. Remember you have a week to get this sorted. I know that sounds harsh, but Hayden DM'd me on Twitter asking for your team to be moved away from the others.

Would something like this work? Not sure if TSI are adamant on all on same row or if they are happy to be back-to-back so I did a second variation:

Ver 1                          

Casual & Rocket League   Casual & Starcraft2   Starcraft2
A B   C D   E F
DWG B07 DWG B10   TQA B02 KOTTB C08   KOTTB D08 FOFOG AA09
DWG C10 DWG B9   TQA B01 KOTTB C07   KOTTB D07 FOFOG YO2
DWG C9 DWG B08   MGS E10 KOTTB C06   KOTTB D06 FOFOG Y01
OMGN C03 NIGEL E08   MGS E9 KOTTB C05   KOTTB D05 FOFOG Z02
OMGN C02 NIGEL E07   FOFOG A05 KOTTB C04   BLACKOUT AA08 FOFOG Y04
OMGN C01 PINA COLADA F03   PINA COLADA F02 BREXIT E05   WARDITV A06 FOFOG Y06
DSG B05 PINA COLADA D04   PINA COLADA E04 TSI H06   Seb H10 FOFOG Y05
DSG B03 PINA COLADA D03   PINA COLADA E03 TSI H05   REVOLUTION H9 FOFOG Z03
NAE F10 PINA COLADA D02   PINA COLADA E02 TSI H04   ECV H08 FOFOG Y03
NONE B06 PINA COLADA D01   PINA COLADA E01 TSI H03   Aicy H07 FOFOG Z01

Ver 2                          

Casual & Rocket League   Casual & Starcraft2   Starcraft2
A B   C D   E F
DWG B07 DWG B10   TQA B02 KOTTB C08   TSI H06 FOFOG AA09
DWG C10 DWG B9   TQA B01 KOTTB C07   TSI H05 FOFOG YO2
DWG C9 DWG B08   MGS E10 KOTTB C06   TSI H04 FOFOG Y01
OMGN C03 NIGEL E08   MGS E9 KOTTB C05   TSI H03 FOFOG Z02
OMGN C02 NIGEL E07   FOFOG A05 KOTTB C04   BLACKOUT AA08 FOFOG Y04
OMGN C01 PINA COLADA F03   PINA COLADA F02 KOTTB D08   WARDITV A06 FOFOG Y06
DSG B05 PINA COLADA D04   PINA COLADA E04 KOTTB D07   Seb H10 FOFOG Y05
DSG B03 PINA COLADA D03   PINA COLADA E03 KOTTB D06   REVOLUTION H9 FOFOG Z03
NAE F10 PINA COLADA D02   PINA COLADA E02 KOTTB D05   ECV H08 FOFOG Y03
NONE B06 PINA COLADA D01   PINA COLADA E01 BREXIT E05   Aicy H07 FOFOG Z01

would also like to mention there is still 5 of us, yet to get tickets for the event, but we will 99% still get them, there are a full host of reasons why we haven't yet, but just warning you. Would that mean we are all on the "overflow"?

1 hour ago, Dutchy said:

would also like to mention there is still 5 of us, yet to get tickets for the event, but we will 99% still get them, there are a full host of reasons why we haven't yet, but just warning you. Would that mean we are all on the "overflow"?

Depends how seats are doing by that point, obviously the later the booking, the harder it is to accommodate! 

On 1/23/2019 at 18:48, Gumpster said:

All I did was move you up 1 seat on each aisle, so this is pretty much how you sat yourselves in the first place, but I can look at accommodating if you wish?

Hey @Gumpster,

That would be great if you could. As discussed with @MRated earlier in the chat, we usually sit back to back within the casual group. This would help us out a lot based on the games we play together. Thanks.

Hello, unsure how far the Lakeside has got so just dropping a light request (in contrary to my previous post of okay-ness!)

Any chance of #perryparty being back-to-back in Lakeside? Unsure what KOTH would make of that but at least from ours, and others in this thread it seems too, back-to-back is defo more social / easier than shouting down a row. :P

Would still prefer to be at the corridor end of the row however. I'll throw the request out, if it sticks, great! If not, we're not heartbroken by the new setup anywho.

I Have updated the draft for lakeside.

@Narstyle If you can get in touch with one of the LOTH guys (maybe doing this @Cabaal @itsgaryk will help) and find out if they are happy to go back to back?

@GrandmasterSmash Just to make life a little easier, I have moved you guys back to back in Lakeside.

@MoleInHole do you want to post what you were wanting in here.

Other than that I think Lakeside is pretty much done.

Hi, I've just booked a seat next to the SC2 people but just wanted to make sure you know in case things are moved around that I'd like to go where the other SC2 players are.

Thanks.

Edited by justinian
  • Like 1

@MRated sure :)

Would it be possible to go b2b 7/7 over G and F? (final ticket on its way)

Would be most appreaciateded

Edited by MoleInHole

DRAFT #3 FOR ARENA AND LAKESIDE ARE NOW UP. PLEASE CHECK!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MoleInHole said:

@MRated sure :)

Would it be possible to go b2b 7/7 over G and F? (final ticket on its way)

Would be most appreaciateded

Best I can do is put 5 on row F. Unless FDB want to back to back @Killersheep @Spudsticks

Hi,

We're really really unhappy with this draft in that you've moved us (Badacid) to row H of the main hall to be honest. We picked row G ages ago as we didn't want to be right on the bar but thats were we've ended up. If you're going to make an area starcraft why not do it at the start? We've had those seats booked for ages then we just get dumped at the end. We'd be a lot happier with A or anywhere a bit further from the bar...

Seems a bit pointless having a seat picker if this is whats going to happen. If this down to other (larger) clans booking late then shoving smaller clans out the way then it seems really unfair.

• Like 1

i take it if we have not booked tickets yet, it will be cool if we just get put as a 5 in the overflow?

1 minute ago, Dutchy said:

i take it if we have not booked tickets yet, it will be cool if we just get put as a 5 in the overflow?

Most likely scenario at this stage yes.

9 minutes ago, Velox said:

Hi,

We're really really unhappy with this draft in that you've moved us (Badacid) to row H of the main hall to be honest. We picked row G ages ago as we didn't want to be right on the bar but thats were we've ended up. If you're going to make an area starcraft why not do it at the start? We've had those seats booked for ages then we just get dumped at the end. We'd be a lot happier with A or anywhere a bit further from the bar...

Seems a bit pointless having a seat picker if this is whats going to happen. If this down to other (larger) clans booking late then shoving smaller clans out the way then it seems really unfair.

Hello Velox,

Unfortunately the seat picker is a blessing and a curse. The old age argument is that defrags kind of have to happen to help larger groups and esport teams be able to sit next to each other. The SC2 community originally wanted to sit in the bottom right of the arena but then realised the CS:GO community were there, so they want their privacy. In that process they've been fragmented. I understand your frustrations but this is why we put up a thread for people to communicate with us on how we should consider what groups want. Had you posted this prior to the Draft #3, I would have kindly sorted it out and taken it under consideration.

This is a very complicated process, and whilst I appreciate that not everyone sees what we see when we do these defrags, I nor Mark are mindreaders. An email was sent out to all participants, there has been this thread, and numerous other Social Media posts throughout this process when we've been doing the defrag.

So you weren't "dumped". Had we of known you wanted space away from the bar, it would have been considered and even actioned. I will however take your feedback and look and see what we can do about it without frustrating too many others in the process.

Hope that helps,

Gump

22 minutes ago, MRated said:

Most likely scenario at this stage yes.

thats all good, all we care about is sitting together and arena

2 minutes ago, cryptid said:

Hi is there anychance we (madeeka.fe) could be sat back with BPRICE and B1C BOYS as they've been moved away from us @Gumpster

I'm unsure how to put this as professionally as possible. Here is the timeline of what requests have been made from the three teams cited in all of this.

* You asked if all 3 teams could be sat near each other.

* I did that, Draft #1 gets released

* I get a message from Hayden saying "We don't want to be anywhere near Madeeka's teams" (bare in mind, he is part of B1C BOIS).
* I did that, Draft #2 gets released
* Then two forum posts go up from BRICE/B1C BOIS saying "We want to be sat next to each other"
* I did that, Draft #3 gets released

* Now I'm being told you want to be sat near the other two teams, when one of them doesn't want to be sat near you.

Look I'm all for honouring requests made, but the reality is, I'm catering for 3 teams who either a) like some people and not others or b  ) don't communicate very well their intentions.

Can I just remind you that I'm catering for 38/39 other Counter-Strike teams, some of which have friends with them, things like seating plans and defragging them is not an easy task, as I've explained, it sometimes takes me hours to figure out how to please everyone as best as possible. I have to go through this process and as you might of seen already, it tends to upset a few people along the way. Now I'm willing to sit down with three representatives from your teams and work out the deal here, because I simply don't know how to fix this issue when quite clearly we have a few issues between certain peeps. 

I will tag the relevant people for reference:

@cryptid

@senoJ

@hste

@HaydeNN

22 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

thats all good, all we care about is sitting together and arena

I'll do what I can at this stage, but until you buy said tickets I cannot do much.

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter