Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Neon_Rabbit

Flashy Light Tube in Lakeside

I had some very kind words about my RGB flashy light tube on the lakeside desk and few of you wanted to know how it worked so i thought i would together a parts list https://imgur.com/a/iZdnlXP

https://coolcomponents.co.uk/products/lumazoid

So this is the circuit board that powers it all. 

the tube comes from

http://clearplastictube.co.uk/opal-acrylic-tube

(The tube must be Opal, as this has a right detraction and low light pass through so you cant see the individual diodes.) This the cheapest ive found, but look about

If your willing to wait a little while you can grab LED for really cheap, otherwise Amazon is fine, All you need is a set of WS2812b leds. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1m-2m-3m-4m-5m-ws2812b-ws2812-led-strip-individually-addressable-smart-led-strip-black-white/32682015405.html?spm=2114.search0204.3.13.682c1c607p9fHQ&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_10130_10547_319_317_10548_10696_10192_10190_453_10084_454_10083_10618_10307_10820_10301_10821_10303_537_536_10902_10059_10884_10887_321_322_10103,searchweb201603_57,ppcSwitch_0&algo_expid=e6bc95e7-9045-446d-bbf6-8c499b6ec5a4-4&algo_pvid=e6bc95e7-9045-446d-bbf6-8c499b6ec5a4&transAbTest=ae803_5

If your willing to wait a little while you can grab LED for really cheap, otherwise Amazon is fine, All you need is a set of WS2812b leds. 

All thats left is a power supply 

https://www.lovehoney.co.uk/product.cfm?p=38028&fo_c=24&fo_k=f1c47fa53cd74ff365030346d2cad328&fo_s=webgains&wgu=12161_196673_15496715608343_47c87cdd3d&wgexpiry=1557447560&utm_source=Webgains&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=196673&utm_content=https%3A%2F%2Fuk.redbrain.shop%2F

you can go usb, along the draw isnt too high or a wall version

https://coolcomponents.co.uk/products/5v-2a-barrel-jack-power-supply?variant=895036620814&gclid=CjwKCAiA7vTiBRAqEiwA4NTO689q0iWCZMq0gmMiG4IHGD1LSMXuM6K4O_fEKcnqzTfkK14nysC0ThoCCQIQAvD_BwE

All you gotta do is thread the leds through the tube, wire the leds in, soldering helps, or solder on a flappy extension for easy removal 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5Pcs-3-Pin-10mm-LED-Connector-For-WS2811-WS2812B-SK6812-RGB-LED-Strip-Solderless-/182561826989

cut one end off, solder on and then you have a solid quick release

find yourself some 40mm pipe clips and then attach how ever you wish, my plan is once my 3d printer arrive to print out some multi functional brackets for it. 

Any question feel free to respond

Neon Rabbit

• Like 4

On 11/02/2019 at 00:24, st0ck3r said:

100% making one of these! Tyvm for the parts list

Light-o-rama is a different approach to this kind of visualisation too.   however it might need manually scheduling. 

I got my LED strip yesterday and managed to whip up an Arduino circuit to mimic the Lumazoid and it seems to work :D

oG8GEhC.jpg

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter