Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Gumpster

epic27 - Portland & Fair Isle Defrag

Hello Guys & Gals,

Firstly, this is a little short notice and late, however this is due to the fact that ticket sales have only just started picking up over the last few weeks, and the seating plan has started to get a little fragmented as a result.

To make everyone aware, only the rooms named PORTLAND & FAIR ISLE will be getting defragged. Lakeside still has plenty of seats (and we can always open another row if needed to accommodate any late ticket sales).

Please be aware, if you are part teams then you will need to get your players to buy tickets as soon as possible otherwise I will end up bunching part teams together to make space for others.

This is a major responsibility to shoulder with regards to the seating plan and how to keep everyone fairly happy. In previous events, we have accomplished of keeping the majority of people happy with this, however please understand that this is a tough thing to accomplish. We have people attending on their own, all the way up to groups of 10+. We will be reaching out as much as possible to organise this the best we can. The logistics of this is very time consuming and takes a lot of work by ourselves. We are happy to discuss alternatives and as much as we want everyone to be 100% happy, there may need to be some compromises and I would ask that you work with us to come to such agreements if needed.

As a final further point. We will not tolerate any sort of toxicity within this thread or anywhere on these forums or any other public forum (social media, discord etc.) Please respect both ourselves and each other throughout this process. We don't do this for our own benefit, we do this to make sure everyone has a... EPIC LAN!

Here are some vital things to follow

Clan Tags

Ensure these are up to date and matching with the rest of your community. This can be done on https://www.epiclan.co.uk/account

Seat Layout

We will do what we can to keep you in the same configuration as you are sat, but to fit in other people this may not always be the case, same with your particular location.

Team Games - CS:GO/R6S/Rocket League

Please make sure you have signed your team to your tournament, this will help me with any teams who need to stick together, and thus means I don't displace anyone in stupid areas. It is vitally important you do this step. If you haven't allocated your tickets for obvious reasons (line-ups incomplete) then please do so as soon as physically possible to help with signing your teams up.

Tournament Website

How To Allocate Your tickets Guide

Single Players - 1v1 Games SC2

I know there are a group of SC2 players who all like to be kept together. If you are part of the SC2 community and want to stick together, we will do all we can to facilitate that. If one or two of those members can contact us through this thread then that would be much appreciated, just list the names of people who are in your group and that will help me keep you all together.

Large Groups

There are a few groups across the LAN who are fairly sizeable, again please make sure that you grab @Gumpster on here. If we keep all communication about the defrag in this post, it will help us out massively rather than coming to DM's / PM's and @ messages everywhere! Thanks.

The seating plan will be LOCKED on June 8th & 9th for me to do the changes necessary. If you have any specific requests, please use this thread to communicate and please make sure you communicate these requests in a efficient manner (ie please check with others in your group or groups that everything is as it should be). Once June 9th (at 11pm) rolls around, I will take no further requests from anyone and the seating plan will be locked until LAN.

• Thanks 1

Current Requests from various people:

72Virgins Team & Demise sat back to back with each other - Request from Greeny (Twitter DMs).

Kindabadderz & OMEN sat next to each other - Request from Sophie (Twitter DMs)

Buzzkill, BOLO & Priseley/Satsuma (+1) sat together - Request from Priseley (Forum DMs)

I should make people aware, that despite having 43 tickets remaining, Lakeside still has a bulk of seats that are available and that if any casual groups would like to be moved out of Fair Isle/Portland they should let us know, because the payments are coming primarily from esport people.

Hi,

Thanks again for putting us SC2 players together. I've had a word with the other guys and we've come up with the attached to keep teams together and split the main contenders so there are no issues with players seeing others screens.. There were a couple players missing off your original draft I think (Razerblader & Kray) so I've added them.

Thanks

Sam

unknown.png

Portland Draft 2: 05/06

EE4LuYn.png

Fair Isle Draft 2: 05/06

DeUFNZj.png

On 6/4/2019 at 00:25, Savage said:

Hi,

Thanks again for putting us SC2 players together. I've had a word with the other guys and we've come up with the attached to keep teams together and split the main contenders so there are no issues with players seeing others screens.. There were a couple players missing off your original draft I think (Razerblader & Kray) so I've added them.

Thanks

Sam

unknown.png

Should be actioned on the seating plan although you missed out Ranger28465 too. I might make a small alteration to the seating plan and push you all back one row and put MKK in the first row as I realised the casters are in the front row, so don't want the SC2 casters being too loud or being heard giving away vital information.

Hi,

Thanks that all looks great. I've made a slight error though, Ranger is in fact Kray! I hadn't realised until just now. Also appreciate what you're saying regarding casters, that sounds like a good plan. Thanks again.

Small update, as I wanted to do moves ahead of schedule as I couldn't figure out where I was missing people (luckily I found who I was missing).

All moves are now live on the Seating Plan (website), there were some minor changes from the draft (due to either new tickets or changes discussed in here).

This is by no means final yet. There is still 3 more days until the deadline to request any changes to the seating plan. Sunday 9th June will see the seating plan locked for good at this stage and I won't make further changes.

Hihi Gump, firstly thanks for doing the defrag for all of us - much appreciated ^^

Could you keep RazerBlader with team ePunks which consists of Spazymazy and I. Razerblader's having issues with changing his clantag on the site, which I think he may have sent a support ticket about it.

Cheers lad

17 hours ago, Wok said:

Hihi Gump, firstly thanks for doing the defrag for all of us - much appreciated ^^

Could you keep RazerBlader with team ePunks which consists of Spazymazy and I. Razerblader's having issues with changing his clantag on the site, which I think he may have sent a support ticket about it.

Cheers lad

I went by what was given to me above, so he's still with you as planned by @Savage

• Similar Content

• By AvidPenguin
      Hey all, hoping to get some transport to and from Epic27 from West Yorkshire. Willing to provide petrol money, dank tunes and top notch banter. 

Cheers!
    • By TractorManager
      Hi everyone,

Would anybody happen to be travelling from London? I'm based in West London, and potentially looking for a lift to LAN. I'd be more than happy to contribute to fuel money
    • By reech
      The time is now... 

Advance notice to get those games bought and downloaded, skills upgraded, things planned, and plot which games you're going to take part in to rack up as many Championship Points to see if you can wrest the Community Championship belt from Inferno!

FPS BIG GAMES
      Fistful of Frags
      Half Life 2: Deathmatch (Gravity Gun Games)
      Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
      Quake 3
      Battlefield 4
      Warsow
      Team Fortress 2
      CS:GO Arms Race
      CS:GO Prop Hunt

Driving Big Games
      GRIP
      Wreckfest
      Euro Truck Simulator 2 : The Revenge of DutyHero
      Armagetron

Misc Big Games
      Minecraft Hunger Games (Java Edition)
      Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
      Golf with your Friends
      Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds: Solos (Big Game)
      Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds: Squads (Big Game)

Whiteboard & Quick Games in Lakeside
      Board Games Sessions: Accentuate, Resistance, Town of Salem, Werewolves
      ROW OFF! - Row vs. Row challenges
      Quick Quiz Card Challenge
      Axiom Soccer
      Slapshot
      Rainbow 6 Siege
      Overcooked
      And absolutely positively no karaoke. Just no.

The timetable will go up nearer the event date.
  • Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• shahnikdar8977

East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham
      Trains from Birmingham to York are operated by Virgin Cross Country Trains and run regularly from Birmingham New Street Station.

From Manchester
      Operated by TransPennine Express, frequent services to York are available from both Manchester Airport and the central Oxford Road station.

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.East Coast run a very frequent service from London Kings Cross Station to York. The journey on express routes is under two hours and first class accommodation is available. Most trains are fully serviced with buffet facilities. Trains run at half hourly intervals on the hour and half-hour all day between 9.00am and 7.00pm.

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow

From Birmingham

From Manchester

From Edinburgh/Glasgow
      Express services, operated by East Coast to London stop at York and are extremely frequent.
      · 0 replies
    • bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter