Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Sign in to follow this  
Progspawn

The Good, The Bad, and The Wiggly

The Good:

• Portland was the best room to be in as always. Casual enough to not be hearing NICE or what I can only assume is some 13 year olds balls being caught in a vice judging by the screaming in Fair Isle. Not so casual that you can't hear your own thoughts due to some shitty music being played out of speakers right next to your head. Temperature was cold, which is way better than being roasted alive in the other rooms.
  • Smash tournament. I hadn't played it in about 3 months but it was a pleasure to get my rusty self bodied in the semi finals. Hope you enjoyed your prizes (not you 2nd place). Those buckets better have been empty by the end of the day.
  • Back to back beer pong champ. Crushing Penors confidence and watching him go into shutdown. DIGNITY, DIGNITYYYYYYYYYY.
  • Somehow winning the first round of the PUBG tournament despite being incredibly hungover and again not having played the game in months.
  • Staff was incredibly helpful. I had network issues throughout the event and the help to sort it out was great. @Beej was best boi and wins MVP this lan.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUkgixdMLbU
  • Winding up @gunmens on the Thursday evening. Can I see your wristbands please?
  • Lots of Mordhau
  • Thursday night dinner. Enjoying the classic Greek dish 'Spaghetti and Meatballs'.
  • Pizza time
  • Archery and the Native Americlan. HOW.
  • @Ashman KOing himself within 5 minutes of showing up to LAN.

The Bad:

• Pub quiz. Could barely hear it at the back of the hall. Need some more speakers at the back or in the middle. Didn't help that the table next to us were broadcasting their conversation for all to hear. Phone watch was pretty lacking as well, saw a few teams on their phones throughout the quiz.
  • Bar staff. Actually got asked by one of them what barrel the citra was in.

The Wiggly:

• @Ashmans eye.
  • My network issues I had throughout. Someone in Lakeside had the same IP address as me.
  • The weather.
  • The giant smoke signal that was sent out because of the weather. Nothing caught fire, and that was the issue.
  • Penors disgust of anything Tunnocks.
  • Like 1

Good

1. I got to play games this one.

2. Network and download issues non existent.

3. Good range of drinks.

4. security and staff are so chill it really makes the events like a break for me.

5. The young lad on security during the day was such a sweet young man.

6. KCC staff keeping the palace really tidy.

Bad and wiggly

1. The conference centre. it's falling to bits from the inside out. Toilets stink all the time. Regardless of the how much air fragrance gets pushed out.

2. The conference centre. The heat in Fairisle must have been unbearable, as much of it was in staging room as well. I heard they weren't working properly in there and during the pub quiz I had to take my costume off.

3. The conference centre. The storm drains not working and much of the roof run off ended up flooding out the campsite. This this pissed me off the most. Because the storm drains have been doing this every event for years now and it's never been rectified.

4. Campsite. As my previous post the storm drains flooded the campsite. The campers have had 3 rough events in a row and the thin campsite was probably a good representation of the fact. We were fortunate for a decent ground sheet but I know others were not.

5. Pub quiz was difficult to hear. I know haden was pushing the new system to the max.

6.that God damn lighting rig with those f*cking led lights shining into the crowd. They were blinding. It's making me angry just thinking about them.

7. I didn't really know when anything was going off tbh, this maybe down to my lack of engagement though.

getting in before forums close :(

the awesome:-

the lakeside staff

the good:-

LAKESIDE

EPIC TEAM

MARBLES ON STREAM

the bad:-

the down right crap:-

the state of most of the tables in lakeside(i had a look before leaving lan,there was a table witha broken leg against the bar,most of the tables were taped up along the edges and some had broken slats trying to break off

the kameo:-

M.I.A.

Sign in to follow this  

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter