Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Administrator

Play the Neptune's Pride Beta at epic.THREE

news_neptunes_header.png

Neptunes Pride is produced by Iron Helmet Games, an independent developer located in Australia founded by Jay Kyburz, a former Irrational Games developer, and staffed by some former members of 2K Australia, which at one time was half of Irrational Games which developed games such as System Shock 2 and Bioshock.

Their mission statement is to develop "strategy games with an emphasis on diplomacy and social interaction." Their debut project is a game called Neptune's Pride, described as an "online multiplayer game of strategy, intrigue and galactic conquest." The game is in open beta testing, which can be accessed by anyone with a Google account. Neptune's Pride is a real-time game played over several weeks. You can log in at any time of the day to check the progress of your fleets, view the results of battles and issue new orders.

news_neptunes_screenshot1.jpg

Oh dear god! Someone keep Winbar away. He'll go back to his Planetarion days!

hehe, i'm in a couple of games online atm, allot of potential for this game especially if they can do a really fast mode.

ah planetarion, those were the days.. the days were I had to plan my life around it..worse than an mmo cos you can access it anywhere :'(

Never played it before, but sounds like I may start playing whilst sitting in meetings at work?! :)

Playing in some random newbie game right now, quite fun if a little slow paced.

Hence why we are getting a speeded up version!

The game picks up later when speed and range has be researched

Guest Storm_Seeker

Looks good, tell me when we are playing a game at epic3.

Longest strategy i've played is m.a.x.r. (turn based). Thats a good strat game.

Anyone else played RUSE?

Found something really annoying that people are doing, when they are loosing giving all their planets to someone else. Its happened in 2 games now. No way you can compete against the combined force.

I've found it quite beneficial to ally yourself with the person furthest away from you then trade all your research. The guy I'm allied with and myself are well ahead of everyone else on research now.

Strong alliances win this game it seems, I'm currently playing Purple on the map below and have a full exchange all research agreement and a strict boundry agreement with the Aqua player. We have heavy building along our boundries with little defence on either side so we're clearly quite confident in our alliance.

The other players are all far behind us in technology and resources. It only remains to be seen what will happen once we eliminate everyone else and want to win.

But yeah I see a 2 or 3 way alliance dominating all at epic.LAN. *cough* Nivek come join my team! :D

np_map.gif

Guest Storm_Seeker

Don't like the fact it now cost to send tech. Though it does add more stratergy to the game, they have moved the goal posts midgame :(

I mentioned to them that in both the games i'm playing people who were going to be defeated or cba playing anymore were gifting everything to enemies creating a gap you just can't match. In one of the games I am still attacking this person that would have gone along time ago if he hadn't given his stuff away as he can get money from other planets

Guest Storm_Seeker

When and how are we playing this?

Has a day and time been arranged?

I'll make an announcement about it tomorrow (Friday) they have set us up a 12 player game, an 8 player and a 4 player

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter