Sign in to follow this  
Guest Quint

Iracing

Guest Quint

Thought i'd bless this section with a thread about racing ..

Anyone else into sims ?

After mostly LFS with some Rfactor, moved to Iracing 18 months ago and still at it.

www.iracing.com

A fantastic if a little expensive subscription based race sim. New build every 3 months with a steady release of tracks and cars. Controlled racing environment ran as though they are real world races, respectfull racing and no wreckfests .. or at least thats the idea.

A few vids i did from a league i'm involved in here.

http://www.youtube.com/user/quint999

If you've a wheel and are interest in Sims then i'd recommend you give it a go, a few one month for $5 or similar offers can be found.

PR-DAYTONA500-2010 code should get you a cheap month at the moment

I tried iRacing in the summer, whilst the physics of it are amazing. I just didn't find it much fun :/

It was just far too serious which put me off of it. Personally I love GTRevo when I'm in the frame of mind for setting up my wheel :D

Guest Quint

Yes it does take itself rather seriously, can be quite overwhelming.

A few improvements in the last couple of builds have made it a little more accesible.

Fast tracking of licenses, means you can move to higher classes i.e. better cars as soon as you complete the minimum participation ( 4 races / 4 time trials) rather than waiting till then end of a 13 week season.

Hosted racing, so more combos available outside the official championships with no Safety / Irating implications, lots of private leagues now running.