Due to the shift to social media and the use of the forums dropping dramatically, we have made the decision to close the forums.

The forums are now in READ ONLY mode

The gallery will be migrated to flickr

epic.Management

Bicko

Magic: The Gathering

Lo all, this'll be my first epic LAN, I've played online with some of you before but the only person who I actually know is _Jay_.

I found this thread from epic.ONE and was wondering if anyone's going to be bringing along some MTG cards to this one? With enough people we could either play some standard, or get a game of draft going.

I can see if I can fit some of my cards in the car...I am bringing some other stuff as well though so it will have to take priority.

How big are the cards / How small is your car?

^^

swyft: I assume you mean you haven't got any standard-legal cards to use? Is why I was thinking that a game of draft might be a good idea.. all you'd have to do is bring along 3 booster packs to play, and Game usually has them in stock!

If there's enough interest, I could pop in to Too Fat Goblinz in Stafford and buy the boosters on the day, but ofc I'd need reliable peoples to say "yes, I'm going to give you the cash in exchange for the boosters" rather than me being out of pocket :P

hang on, too fat goblinz doesn't exist, the amount of time I spent looking for that place! :P

But yea, as I said in the last thread, definitly up for a draft if theres enough interest

Sakey-

:P

+ Pregnant other half + all the stuff she needs due to her being pregnant + a chair for her at the event + 2 rigs + peripherals + clothes + 360 + space hulk + food

Sakey-

:P

+ Pregnant other half + all the stuff she needs due to her being pregnant + a chair for her at the event + 2 rigs + peripherals + clothes + 360 + space hulk + food

Dude, you're missing the point. They're cards.... I'm pretty sure they would fit in your pocket or something. :roll:

Oh yeah and I would be up for this, although I'm still learning to play as I write this post. :D

Not 3000 of them :P

I have nothing constructed I would need to build a deck at LAN

[Edit]

OK, I will construct a deck here and bring it with me.. They are old cards and you WON'T like it :P

Just pick out all your standard-legal cards and bring them? Would save having to haul a box rammed full of cards!

Screw that. If I am building a deck I want Arcbound Ravager in there :P

It's legal in extended :D

[Edit]

So how legal are we talking :P

No silver bordered cards?! Where's the fun in that!

Seriously, most amusing game I had was an Unhinged Draft.

Draft is fun at a lan, but the time consuming (between 5-6 hours) and its preferable to have somewhere away from the main lan to play.

If i remember ill just bring some decks that are from no particular format just to play with.

Standard is fun because it's fair. I've played against people using Extended/Vintage/Legacy decks that are basically "it's turn two and you're now taking 150 damage" whilst I'm like "oh, well I've got 1 land and a 1/1 solider out ¬_¬".

Unhinged/Unglued is the exception to this, because it's just flat-out hilarious. Particularly if you have any Ashnod's Coupons xD

I'll definitely be brining my standard deck along to the LAN regardless. If there are people interested we can always pool some cash together and do a quick run over to Staffs for some cards to do a booster draft.

Bump. Anyone still interested in playing MTG should come give me a shout, I'm in B1 next to Jay, I have 3 decks on me if you want to use one!

• Amazon

• Recent Status Updates

• bakewell

Me and a mate are attending the Cardiff CS:GO qualifiers. Looking to join a team that needs 2 x mercs.

We've been playing since 1.6 on and off, are part of an online team, and are usually rank LE+

Get in touch if you have availability. Steam name: myalternativeaccount or just message on here.
      · 0 replies
    • Solarr

epic24 seems so long ago and I haven't been back since. Having taken the 3v3 Rocket League tournament, I'm hungry for more.

And so...

I have plans to return to epic27 with a new team behind me! I am incredibly excited as epic24 was my first taste of a LAN and I loved every minute of it. It's completely worth the 700 miles round trip and I'm ready to do it all over again!

· 1 reply
    • BackByDemand  »  Digsy

Are you still looking for a team? Our 3rd went AWOL
      · 0 replies
  • Twitch Streams

• No Streams Available
    • No Streams Available
  • New Topics

• epic.LAN Twitter